View Single Post
Unread 02-04-2024, 12:42 PM   #2
ithacaartist
Twice a Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,479 Times in 1,321 Posts

Randall, I'm getting 404 errors with the first two links, but I think I get the idea from your description. I haven't experienced anything specifically like this, so can't really help much. But comparing dimensions of what you have might help, e.g. relationship of notch to feed lips and/or mag bottom. The mag body's width could potentially affect such things, as below, but I suspect that's not in play in your case. Also examine the engaging edge of the mag catches to check for wear, just to rule that out.

It's been a while, but the only gun and mag combo woes I ever encountered were with the mag that came with the Aimco- made 1900/2000 commemorative I have. The Houston Lugers are a different bird...their mag wells are definitely larger than original Lugers'. Some came with entirely flat-sided mags. Slapping on a couple of layers of masking tape helped that mag. but the two flat-sided mags I had do OK as-is--although they're proper for stainless Lugers branded to an earlier consumer-end seller/distributor.