LugerForum Discussion Forums

LugerForum Discussion Forums (https://forum.lugerforum.com/index.php)
-   All P-08 Military Lugers (https://forum.lugerforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=122)
-   -   GT Thank You (https://forum.lugerforum.com/showthread.php?t=38232)

CRob 02-09-2018 06:09 PM

GT Thank You

3 Attachment(s)
Just got my collection of parts and a shoot able receiver back from GT looking forward to shooting it tomorrow.GT you did a beautiful job. I'll post some targets tomorrow. But heres some pics of it.

DavidJayUden 02-09-2018 09:02 PM

G. T. is our secret "Miracle Worker".
dju

G.T. 02-10-2018 11:44 AM

a humble thanks!

Hi to all! I certainly appreciate all the kind words that members have afforded me over the years... I try very hard to produce items of quality and sell them at a reasonable price, especially for members that cannot afford, or, as yet do not know, the cost of dabbling in the luger arena...
G.T. Specialties has evolved into more of a "customer service" business then any other type?.. Although I sell parts and pieces, I mostly enjoy the problem solving, and complete satisfaction of the customer, in meeting their expectations!
Robs shooter is a good example... It is far from pedigree... feral, mongrel, mutt! :) But, with a few parts from different Luger models and eras... we can make it both functional & dependable, and if we flip over enough rocks and have a little sharing and caring... pretty nice for the price as well! So, a project like this reaches back to some of our other forum members who have made it possible for me to pass on the good faith in repairs and problem solving...
There are quite a few here with the same philosophy and kindness.. I am but one of many!
This is an excellent place to dwell! :)... more soon! til...lat'r.....GT:cheers:

CRob 02-10-2018 12:36 PM

Range results

2 Attachment(s)
Here's the result of this morning at the range. The first was with SJSP They seem to be the most consistent. Next is FMJ they seem to spread a little more. Once or twice on each mag of six it failed to come to full battery just swatted the toggle and kept on shooting. I had five stove piped unfired rounds. All and all I'm very happy.

G.T. 02-10-2018 01:22 PM

malfunctions!

Hi Rob, looks like you would have killed the bear! :eek:.. Hey! If you go to PPU .30 Luger ball ammo, your malfunctions will most likely drop to zero??? :eek: If you want more help, just let me know... best to you, til...lat'r....GT:cheers:

CRob 02-10-2018 03:08 PM

GT
You noticed I use hunting targets not dart boards.

George Anderson 02-10-2018 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CRob (Post 313434)
GT
You noticed I use hunting targets not dart boards.

Look more like Jap flags.

CRob 02-10-2018 03:54 PM

No Good AMMO for me

It does look like a Jap flag
My problem with PPU ammo is that Sportsman Guide is the only place I can find it and they wont ship to NY state:crying:

G.T. 02-10-2018 05:06 PM

That sucks!

NOS Winchester, or, PPU new ammo make a .30 Luger almost trouble free?... I have had .30 commercials that will not work at all, and an ammo switch to the ones above was a 100% improvement... I hope you can find some down the road... best to you Rob, til...lat'r....GT:cheers:

rhuff 02-11-2018 02:55 PM

SGAmmo.com has 30 Luger ammo including PPU brand. I have no idea if they will ship it to N.Y., but I have purchased from them many times, and they are good to go.

CRob 03-23-2018 08:59 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Here's the latest I finally found a site that delivers to NY and got two boxes of PPU, also loaded some cast bullets (313249 Lyman's sized to .309), and some Speer 86 g soft tips. The first pic is the first five rounds of PPU the next is 24 rounds of 313249, and then last is back to PPU. the three circled holes are three of the first five rounds the other two didn't hit paper, the last five are in the group at lower left of center. Just shows that lead bullets distort the guns accuracy.

DavidJayUden 03-23-2018 09:53 PM

Please elaborate on what occurred and how lead bullets distort the Luger's accuracy.
dju

DonVoigt 03-23-2018 10:00 PM

The bore must be rough if lead causes a problem; but, I'd look at the crown too- unless you're "shakin'"! ;)

Comment on cycling with ppu please.

CRob 03-24-2018 04:45 AM

Yes shakin is probable the word. I've been reloading for a while and normally run Copper rounds down the barrel after I've shot cast bullets it helps with cleaning. In the past I've mainly loaded for my 357 Magnum, and 38 super. The 357 is a revolver and the 38 is a 1911.

DonVoigt 03-24-2018 08:03 AM

Please comment on cycling/function with PPU! ;)

CRob 03-25-2018 07:00 AM

Out of 87 rounds I had three stove pipes out of the 21 cast reloads, no problem with the 41 pulled bullets from 7.62 Tokarev, or the 5 Fiocchi FMJ and perfect cycling with the 20 PPU rounds . One thing I did do was lightly greased the rail between the receiver and the frame. All-in-all I'm very happy with this shooter.