LugerForum Discussion Forums

LugerForum Discussion Forums (https://forum.lugerforum.com/index.php)
-   Repairs, Restoration & Refinishing (https://forum.lugerforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=127)
-   -   TargetLuger project (https://forum.lugerforum.com/showthread.php?t=30533)

lfid 05-21-2013 05:08 AM

awesome !!!

very creative and also artistic design

Olle 05-21-2013 10:25 AM

Beautiful work! :thumbup: Very inspiring to, when I looked at the pictures I wanted to run over to the machine shop and have some blanks EDM cut, invest in more equipment, hone my machining skills and try something similar. Then I woke up... :surr: :D

lfid 05-21-2013 05:32 PM

Hakan,
it seems like there would be a limited market for similiar modified lugers in USA - especially in the luger forum member group

or perhaps a target parts set - your awesome barrel + rear toggle + trigger bar + thumb safety + etc

are you able to offer these target version lugers to any of the usa importers ? like Simpsons LTD etc ?

perhaps the Mauser lugers made in the 197x years could be a source for the donor Lugers
since they already have the rear frame solid without any lanyard recess or stock lug and are commercial originally

again , awesome product !!!

thanks
Bill

Michael Zeleny 05-21-2013 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lfid (Post 234339)
Hakan,
it seems like there would be a limited market for similiar modified lugers in USA - especially in the luger forum member group

or perhaps a target parts set - your awesome barrel + rear toggle + trigger bar + thumb safety + etc

are you able to offer these target version lugers to any of the usa importers ? like Simpsons LTD etc ?

perhaps the Mauser lugers made in the 197x years could be a source for the donor Lugers
since they already have the rear frame solid without any lanyard recess or stock lug and are commercial originally

again , awesome product !!!

thanks
Bill

I second this motion. There is no shortage of wartime Mauser P08 Pistolen to serve as bases for a limited production run. The cost of the ensuing product might be estimated against comparable items. Thus Herbert Werle will deliver you a custom Luger assembled from Mauser components complemented by his custom parts for under $3,000.00, whereas Edgar Budischowsky's superb HSP701 would cost you around twice as much. Making guns from scratch is an expensive proposition.

marshombre 05-23-2013 10:28 PM

I would be interested in upgrading one of my pistols to this configuration. Please, drop me a line. MR

tain669 05-28-2013 09:47 PM

What would your price be for the rear toggle with the adjustable target sight?

SIGP2101 05-29-2013 11:03 AM

Like your way of approaching the problem. Very nice # of solutions you come up with there.
I am working presently on safety lever extensions batch for P210. Machining is labor of love for me. It has to be right to be right. Right?

Thanks for sharing with us.

Spuhr 05-29-2013 05:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Nope, I don't think it's feasable at all to make those for sale.
They will be extremely expensive.......

SigP2101
I have welded an insane amount of cracked P210 pistols over the years....
Also made beavertails (welded) and other things to the P210s.....
But those days as well as the Luger jobs for the public are since long gone.....

SIGP2101 05-30-2013 11:11 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spuhr (Post 234698)
Nope, I don't think it's feasable at all to make those for sale.
They will be extremely expensive.......

SigP2101
I have welded an insane amount of cracked P210 pistols over the years....
Also made beavertails (welded) and other things to the P210s.....
But those days as well as the Luger jobs for the public are since long gone.....

I have been doing this since 80's and never seen one cracked P210 slide or frame. Are you in USA? For me this is pure hobby activity and exclusively for a small amount of people, target shooters community and good friends. I am not interested in public exposure. Always being working on Feinwerkbau, Anshutz, TOZ, Hamerlys and various biathlon rifles. But there is not much of that here in Canada. Every since I moved over here from Europe I have been doing it for my own pleasure. I am member of two shooting clubs and 99.99% of the shooters never seen one P210 not even on the picture. 50% of the people haven't seen P08 since it is prohibited up here.

But definitely you gave me an itch to do something with my P08 shooter.

marshombre 05-30-2013 09:58 PM

Spuhr, Please define extremely expensive. The audience here are Luger collectors and most are anything but paupers. I have wanted adjustable sights and an improved trigger for serious range work but no one does this type of conversion anymore. So, where do you reside and are you game for some contract work? MR

Spuhr 06-01-2013 02:24 AM

Ok, first so you understand.
I run a company that makes lots of advanced firearms stuff.
Scopemounts, grenadelauncher sights, upgrade kits for G36, HK417 etc.
you can see the company here: www.spuhr.com

That company takes all my time and therefor I am not interested to sell my by the hours.
All my work done today is not done by the hour, but instead a development of new products.
So I do simply not have the time to make oneoff projects like this for customers.

If I should make a batch of 10-20 reartoggles like this one they would likely end up costing some 2000 USD each, and the making of single pieces is almost impossible.
2000 dollars are in my opinion a very high price.

Adjusting luger triggerpulls aint difficult, not at all.
But it's required that the gunsmith have a Tig welder and a toolgrinding machine or worst case scenario a milling machine.
I have no secrets so if someone wanna do it, just ask and I tell you how it's done.

Michael Zeleny 06-01-2013 03:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SIGP2101 (Post 234722)
I have been doing this since 80's and never seen one cracked P210 slide or frame. Are you in USA?

I can't purport to speak for Håkan, but based on my studies, cracked frames in the P210 strongly correlate with the availability of the likes of Swedish Bofors m/39B ammunition, which are not to be found in the North American consumer market.

Michael Zeleny 06-01-2013 03:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spuhr (Post 234782)
If I should make a batch of 10-20 reartoggles like this one they would likely end up costing some 2000 USD each, and the making of single pieces is almost impossible.
2000 dollars are in my opinion a very high price.

I don't mean to tell you your business, but based on what I see elsewhere, you could easily sell a batch of 20 target Lugers built to the standards you have maintained, for over $5K apiece. Notwithstanding your opportunity costs, making high grade firearms would be a step up from the production of their accessories.

marshombre 06-01-2013 09:37 PM

I understand, thanks for the reply. MR

sheepherder 06-01-2013 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael Zeleny (Post 234784)
I don't mean to tell you your business, but based on what I see elsewhere, you could easily sell a batch of 20 target Lugers built to the standards you have maintained, for over $5K apiece.

$5K for a target Luger sounds awfully low... :confused:

...Just sayin'... :rolleyes:

Michael Zeleny 06-01-2013 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by postino (Post 234825)
$5K for a target Luger sounds awfully low... :confused:

...Just sayin'... :rolleyes:

As I said, Herbert Werle will deliver you a custom Luger assembled from Mauser components complemented by his custom parts for under $3,000.00. Håkan's model is a bit more complicated, but not by that much.

sheepherder 06-02-2013 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael Zeleny (Post 234826)
As I said, Herbert Werle will deliver you a custom Luger assembled from Mauser components complemented by his custom parts for under $3,000.00. Håkan's model is a bit more complicated, but not by that much.

I see that on Werle's preisliste...

P 08, 04-14 Marine version, caliber 9 mm Luger 2.519, - € [~$3272]

P 08, Standard 9 mm Luger Luger/.30 1.943 [~$2523]

Do you have a target Luger made by Werle??? I for one would love to see pics... :cheers:

I believe you have researched this before...Can you share any insights??? Customs duty, importer charges, shipping charges from Germany, etc...

alvin 06-02-2013 09:50 AM

I heard there is a breath-taking new technology called "3D Printing". Don't know what it is, but someone has already used it to create sample shootable pistol (according to Yahoo News).

Can it be applied on Luger to tremendously reduce production cost??

Michael Zeleny 06-02-2013 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by postino (Post 234836)
I see that on Werle's Do you have a target Luger made by Werle??? I for one would love to see pics... :cheers:

I have a second-hand 6" Werle custom Luger coming in. My only target Lugers are W+F National Match guns. I'm not a big fan of fancy adjustable sights on autopistols.
Quote:

I believe you have researched this before...Can you share any insights??? Customs duty, importer charges, shipping charges from Germany, etc...
http://forum.lugerforum.com/showthread.php?t=21590

sheepherder 06-02-2013 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael Zeleny (Post 234839)
I have a second-hand 6" Werle custom Luger coming in. My only target Lugers are W+F National Match guns. I'm not a big fan of fancy adjustable sights on autopistols.http://forum.lugerforum.com/showthread.php?t=21590

In the past, I was a fan of Bo-Mar Combat Sights on 1911 style pistols; now I just rely on a Colt GCNM. Once initially dialed in, I never made any more changes, so the special milling of the slide for the BMCS and fitting a higher front sight was largely a cosmetic modification (I could have done the same with solid sights). But it looked cool, and all the kids were doing it... :rolleyes:

I had read your import tutorial, and noted the 'pay through the nose' note. Hopefully, that has improved.

I look forward to pictures of your Werle Luger!!! :cheers: