LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > General Discussions

Unread 07-12-2008, 01:58 AM   #1
Dwight Gruber
User

Thanked 1,282 Times in 424 Posts
Default A Luger on TV-2

"Cold Case", repeat of an earlier show this season. Neo-Nazis. The murder weapon. Medium and long shots of gun handling, quick cuts close action, one gratuitious closeup. The gun looks new. Gunshot is a distant view, no idea of the gun is real or a prop.
Dwight Gruber is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2008, 12:34 PM   #2
RGMCE
User

Dwight : It looked like a 1920 because of the 95mm. barrel. Regards, Dick McE. See you at the NAPCA convention.
RGMCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2008, 07:31 AM   #3
raygun
User

I don't know if you get a british TV show called "Foyle's War"
Its and excellent police drama set in WW2. Its "Very British" that is understated and not melodramatic at all . It relies on the story line and strength of its characters .

In any case ,last week Foyle tracked down a german priest who had been cleared as a refugee , but turned out to be a spy . In the last scene , after being exposed , the spy pulled a luger on detective Foyle and threatened to shoot . Nice clear illustration of the gun .

In any case , Foyle being cool as a cucumber just tells him he has no hope of escape and knows the fate of spies , and walks away. Shot rings out , and the german is dead on the ground .

Its a great show , very well written and usually has a number of sub plots that cleverly disguise the outcome, highly recomended.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/masterpiece/...war/index.html
Unread 07-26-2008, 01:41 PM   #4
RGMCE
User

raygun : I agree. It's a wonderfully understated intelligent series with high production values. Nothing like authentic period clothing, cars and furnishings to enhance the stories set in wartime England. Details like Vera Lynn singing 'Till We Meet Again' from an old radio in the background really captures that era. Gunwise not to exciting with Enfields, Webblys and a occasional Bulldog. Thanks for posting! Dick McE.
Unread 07-26-2008, 01:57 PM   #5
RGMCE
User

Should be---'too exciting' of course. Sorry! Brain works faster than fingers.
Unread 07-29-2008, 08:21 AM   #6
raygun
User

Quote:
Originally posted by RGMCE
raygun : I agree. It's a wonderfully understated intelligent series with high production values. Nothing like authentic period clothing, cars and furnishings to enhance the stories set in wartime England. Details like Vera Lynn singing 'Till We Meet Again' from an old radio in the background really captures that era. Gunwise not to exciting with Enfields, Webblys and a occasional Bulldog. Thanks for posting! Dick McE.
Yes quite right Dick , they have gone to enormous trouble to recreate the war time settings - remarkably authentic.

No they generally don't do much on guns which is why the Luger featured was a rare treat . The british police were never armed , even during war time, survived on their wits and position of authority .

Last episode is on this weekend , hope you enjoy it as much as I know I will .