LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > Shooting and Reloading

Unread 02-24-2014, 03:13 PM   #1
cneider
User

Default 9mm +P

Can someone refer me to reloading data for 9mm +P? This is NOT for a Luger or Walther P38, but for a modern handgun. I've always shied away from hot loads, contented to just load ball ammunition to factory duplication loads or subsonic loads. A friend wants to load up some +P ammo. I have a quantity of Unique propellant and some Berry's 124 grain RN plated bullets. I read somewhere that +P for 9mm was overkill. I don't know.
cneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2014, 04:29 PM   #2
Sieger
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cneider View Post
Can someone refer me to reloading data for 9mm +P? This is NOT for a Luger or Walther P38, but for a modern handgun. I've always shied away from hot loads, contented to just load ball ammunition to factory duplication loads or subsonic loads. A friend wants to load up some +P ammo. I have a quantity of Unique propellant and some Berry's 124 grain RN plated bullets. I read somewhere that +P for 9mm was overkill. I don't know.
Hi,

An easy way to handle this, under normal circumstances, would be to go to WalMart and buy some Winchester NATO spec. ammo, which is +P Police/Military ammo. Look for boxes marked "9mm NATO".

Failing that, I'd check the various powder manufacturers' loading pages for specific loading data for the 9mm +P.

Hope this helps!

Plated bullets are a poor choice for +P ammo, as they are too soft and may actually tumble.

Sieger
Sieger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2014, 05:40 PM   #3
rhuff
Patron
LugerForum
Patron

As Bob mentioned above, plated bullets are not a good candidate for +P, +P+ ammo. They have soft cores and very thin "jackets". If pushed to fast, the plating can and will peal off.
rhuff is offline   Reply With Quote