LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Artillery Lugers

Unread 05-15-2004, 11:23 PM   #21
Edward Tinker
Super Moderator
Eternal Lifer
LugerForum
Patron

Thanked 4,500 Times in 2,076 Posts
Hello Garry, that is a good to excellent price, all depending on originality, condition, all matching, etc.

And, upon cleaning up, you can come up with a jewel and/or some pits...

I am not sure what it would be catching on, but once you take it apart a couple of times, it is easy... Check General Info and Tech info on taking them apart...

And sometimes it is easier to get responses if you start your own, new thread, but being new, I know it is hard just figuring out what the he$^ to do!

Ed
Author of Veteran Bring Backs Vol I, Vol II, Vol III and Vol IV

Edward Tinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2004, 05:19 PM   #22
Big Norm
RIP

Gary,
Ed is right about everything just falling into place after you disassemble a Luger a few times. The side plate has a little lip to the rear that is supposed to fit under the frame. Fit that in there properly and then fold the rest of the side plate into place. Occasionally, the finger of the side plate will have a hard time going into place and that will cause the Locking bolt to not close properly. With a little jingling the side plate should fit flush. Then put the Lugers handle against your belly and put the palm of you hand on the tip of the barrel and push down. You will feel the receiver give a little. That is when you lock everything into place by closing the Locking Bolt. Never, never use a screw driver to unlock the locking bolt. This could break the Locking Bolts arm. But sometimes the Locking Bolt will be tough to move for a variety of reasons.

Ed is right when he says that you possibly got a good deal on your artillery. Happy shooting.
Big Norm
Big Norm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-18-2004, 11:23 PM   #23
Don H.
User

Man do I feel stupid. I went to the gun shop today to pick up the Artillery I was talking about when starting this thread and it isn't a 1914 but a 1915. Anyway my Father bought it and I will try to post some pictures later. I think it was a good buy. It all matches completely even the grips. Except the magazine. I'm not into WW2 Lugers that much but still haven't seen one with a small 9 on the grip.
Don H. is offline   Reply With Quote