LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Lugerforum Archive

Unread 02-02-2001, 01:11 AM   #1
Bill Schultz

Default German Luger handgun

Hello! I`m considering purchasing a collector grade luger as opposed to a shooter where the part numbers don`t match, but I don`t know very much about them yet. A vendor at a St. Charles , Mo. gunshow told me a lot about part numbers matching, russian imported lugers with the barrell stamped for import to the US,etc. He had one with black plastic grips he said were original, but the one my relative brought back from ww2 has wooden grips. I would like to hear from someone who has a good one for sale.

Unread 02-02-2001, 01:26 AM   #2
Jesse
User

Default Re: German Luger handgun

You have come to the right place

Unread 02-02-2001, 08:09 AM   #3
Marvin
User

Default Re: German Luger handgun

Bill,

Glad you came here for help. We have one of our Regular Forum members, Mr. Tom Heller who has parts and pistols for sale. Take a look at the Links & Resources for Tom's site. Give heim a call and discuss what you are looking for and see what he has available and the price. Tom will shoot straight with you and you get what he says it is. Good Luck on finding one and keep us informed on your purchase. Also, ask questions on the Forum so you will be knowlegdeable about a purchase.

Marvin

Unread 02-02-2001, 08:20 AM   #4
Dok
RIP

Default You are correct...

most of the early Lugers did indeed have walnut grips, but later production years did have plastic or bakelite. Without knowing a lot more about an individual Luger, it would be impossible to say for sure if those grips were original or replaced as part of a rework.

Marvin's advice is good, Tom Heller is a frequent poster here and his site is listed in our Links & Resources section. If buying from him questions in this forum about one his weapons are virually redundant, but you are more than welcome to "chase down" a weapon from any other other source here.

The more info you can provide the better. Try downloading the identification sheets found in our Technical Info section, these will help you (and us) in identifying and valuing your Luger.

Dok