LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Lugerforum Archive

Unread 03-07-2001, 12:30 AM   #1
Ron
User

Default artillery Luger

I was lucky enough to aquire a Luger from a friend of mine, and I need some information about this gun. This particular gun has been in my friend's family for some 50 plus years, and has the original commercial holster, and shoulder stock. The gun is in excellent plus condition, and the holster is a commercial version marked "HEISER- Denver, Colorado, Luger(in script) 8 inch".. The frame of the gun is marked "Germany". All numbers match, except for the sideplate. The magazine has a wooden bottom, and is numbered on the wood. The shoulder stock is in mint condition with all of its original finish. The original owner of this set was a criminal working in Chicago for Al Capone, his son in law gave this gun to my friend just after world war II... I can prove this. Any help is appreciated! Ron

Unread 03-07-2001, 02:38 PM   #2
John Sabato
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,304 Times in 1,096 Posts
Default Wow! Ron, welcome to the Luger Forum

Sounds like a great Commercial Artillery Luger and accessories. any chance you could post pictures of the items? That would really be helpful.

The holster might be of the period, but probably didn't come with the gun. The different number on the sideplate means that at some point the gun was repaired, and that does lower the value somewhat.

You should go to the Technical Information page of this site and download and fill out one of the Identification sheets located there. There are also information pages that can identify the proofmarks that you find on the gun. Armed with that information (pun intended) you can then tell the forum all they need to know to help you value your Luger and it's accessories.

You mentioned only one magazine... do the numbers on the bottom of the magazine match the serial number on the gun?

This type of rig may have been sold with a 32 round drum magazine. You might ask the person you got it from to look around for it and the second standard magazine...

What part of the country are you in Ron? I would love to examine this specimen first hand.

Lastly, do you want to know this just to know it's current market value, or do you intend to sell it to a very lucky collector?

-John

Unread 03-07-2001, 05:37 PM   #3
Dok
RIP

Default Of course you wouldn't be interested now, would you John???