LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Luger Accessories

Unread 02-23-2004, 02:03 AM   #1
Adam
User

Post Magazine auction.

Ebay item 7 magazines. This guy has no feedback but it seems like it might be a true deal.
Adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2004, 12:32 PM   #2
John Sabato
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,304 Times in 1,096 Posts
Looks like a one time sale of an inheritance (not something many of us here on the forum would do) They are a little rusty for collectibles, but would certainly clean up well for "shootables"

"...We hold these truths to be self-evident that ALL men are created EQUAL and are endowed by their Creator with certain UNALIENABLE rights, and among these are life, LIBERTY, and the pursuit of happiness..."
John Sabato is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2004, 03:09 PM   #3
Frank
RIP
Patron
LugerForum
Patron

Hi Adam, I would pass on these magazines, unless you happen to find one that matches one of your Lugers. As John says, they are rusted and to me they look pretty badly pitted. I'm not sure if I would bid on the whole bunch just to get a couple of shooter magazines. In fact, I wouldn't
Frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2004, 04:40 PM   #4
Adam
User

Hi Frank, don't worry, I wasn't planning on bidding. I just thought I would share the link in case anyone here needed one (or all) of them. I have three good shooter magazines and only one luger (plus the one on the way from G.T.) so I have no need for them.
Adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2004, 10:50 PM   #5
Big Norm
RIP

If one of those mags match your Luger, then these are certainly worth a look see.
Big Norm
Big Norm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2004, 04:01 AM   #6
Lugers down under
User

Hi Guys,
I bid on those mags and I got them all for just over $300 including postage to NZ,
They arrived today and sure, some of them (about 50%) had some surface rust which cleaned up real well.
They are all what I would call post WW1 and WW2 mags are as "rare as rocking horse Shi...droppings" down here so here is a list of what I got.
Mag #1 & #2
Hanel sixth Type plastic base with blue case FXO e/37 made by Manteuffel & Co in Zella Mehlis (one has a cracked base)
Mag #3
Hanel Fifth type PO8 Reversed with FXO double stamped with E/37 stamped over the second FXO and E/37 on stem, Blue case with Aluminium base no 9216s,
Mag #4
Hanel Third type with Weimar eagle on base (aluminium) #10946 Blue steel case, E/37 on case with 122 code (1939-41) Hanel made in Suhl
Mag #5 & 6,
Mauser Military Aluminium base and blue case, #1698o and #2296x second mag is stamped with mag no 1 stamp (Police?)
Mag #7,
Very early Hanel Schmisser Patent stamped, extruded, with judder markes on extrustion and with no number and no proofs on the aluminium base and blue case.
I'm Happy,
Regards
Murray
Unread 03-08-2004, 10:12 AM   #7
John Sabato
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,304 Times in 1,096 Posts
Murray, If I had only had $350 dollars that my wife didn't know about those mags would still be in the USA!

Congrats on a great buy!

"...We hold these truths to be self-evident that ALL men are created EQUAL and are endowed by their Creator with certain UNALIENABLE rights, and among these are life, LIBERTY, and the pursuit of happiness..."
John Sabato is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2004, 01:32 PM   #8
Lugers down under
User

Thamks John,
Yes, I was pleasantly surprised. Even my wife thinks it was a good buy and a lucky find, then again she was a lucky find as well, a wife that encourages me to buy Lugers!!
I am also surprised about what I have been able to obtain recently on the Web, which has included a nice little cleaning kit and grease tin in the correct pouch for my 1900 Swiss, a really nice 1933 police holster and a Brazilian holster to match my Brazilian Luger. Tom is trying to get me an oil bottle/cleaning rod to match.
I will post a photo of the complete rigs when the stuff arrives.
Regards
Murray.