LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Early Lugers (1900-1906)

Unread 03-28-2008, 09:50 AM   #81
Ron Wood
2010 LugerForum
Patron

Location: Santa Teresa New Mexico just outside of the West Texas town of El Paso
Thanked 5,088 Times in 1,674 Posts

Fantastic!! I truly appreciate your perseverance and interest. Not only have you added a previously unrecorded serial number to the data base, but also its location and condition. I am very grateful for your efforts. Thank you, and if we ever cross paths Iâ??ll reimburse the $12 you spent on those binoculars (or an adult beverage of your choice â?? whichever you prefer).
Unread 03-29-2008, 12:52 PM   #82
Larrys Lugers
User

Ron, In looking over the threads on the 1893 Borchardt of Annas. Your knowledge of the subject is amazing. I thought you might like to know that I too have an 1893 by Loewe. My guns serial #672 appears on the stock lug ,trigger,underside of the barrel next to the receiver,and on the matching magazine. When I get a little better at posting pictures , I will share pics of this jewel with the forum. My gun, as Annas, has no stock or other accesories. Dont you just love these crazy things. Larry
Unread 03-29-2008, 12:57 PM   #83
StarOfTheWest
User

Welcome, Larrys Lugers!
Nice to see another one here with our odd addiction.
Unread 03-29-2008, 04:20 PM   #84
Ron Wood
2010 LugerForum
Patron

Location: Santa Teresa New Mexico just outside of the West Texas town of El Paso

Welcome to the forum Larry. Always good to hear from another member of the Borchardts Unlimited Group (I am pretty sure that is what the BUG on the side of the barrel stands for ).

Check the bottom of the grip frame, you should find the serial number stamped there also. Thank you for adding another known surviving Borchardt serial number to the database!

I hope you get better at posting pictures real soon as I am sure everyone (especially me) would like to see this jewel. And yes, I do just love these crazy things, and have for many years.

Looking at your profile, I see that your collecting interests very much mirror mine, although my only "classic automobile" is my 1930 Ford Model A Sport Coupe that I have owned since 1957 (it was my first car!).
Unread 03-30-2008, 05:11 AM   #85
alvin
User

Visited another Museum today. 40-50 km from Beijing, "Militia Equipment Museum". There is another Loewe Borchart, light rust covered. The glass cabinet is smaller comparing with the ones in Beijing Military Museum, but they put a few guns inside, and this Borchart does not sit in the front. I tried to identify the s/n on the trigger, but it's rust covered and lighting condition was not super, I could not read it.... it's 3 digit. The gun has stock lug.

Contrary to my past understanding, this Museum also shows quite a lot Lugers, including a Luger 1900. Those Lugers were probably transferred to Chinese Communist Army after 1945 by Soviet.

If you have a chance visiting Beijing, this Museum deserves some time. The main interest for me is Broomhandles, but there are many other type of guns, big and small, including big Krupp cannon.

Here is their website, cannot read? No problem, just show the page to hotel frontdesk, and ask them to help. This museum is better than Beijing Military Museum. More guns sit in s/n nake-eye-viewable distance.

http://www.vjourney.com/cn/beijing/b...3-06/2325.html

The negative part, no camera allowed. Since the museum is not close to the center of the city, very few visitors there (plus or minus?, maybe plus). Standing in the sea of guns, a security guy and a janitor followed me almost from the beginning to the end.... to prevent me from stealing guns from there (!!), I guess.... I was warned "video monitors installed everywhere"..... Didn't know how to explain to them that I'm not a thief. That sucks, but I tried ignoring them...... I heard they lost a gun in the past, an internal guy stole a pocket size CZ handgun and sold it to the local black market. Locally, any factory made working gun is expansive, being a Borchart, Tokarev, or CZ makes not that much difference.
alvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2008, 03:04 PM   #86
Big Norm
RIP

Alvin,
maybe its that bright orange robe that you wore that got the janitors curiosity up.
Norm
Big Norm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2008, 02:57 AM   #87
Lugers down under
User

Ron,
Do you have my Loewe Borchardt No 351 in your list?

Regards
Murray
Unread 04-07-2008, 08:10 AM   #88
alvin
User

From the pictures that I've seen, looks like the front sight band is *not* an integral part of the barrel. The sight band was welded on . Could you owners confirm that? Thanks.
alvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2008, 08:43 AM   #89
LU1900
User

Unread 04-07-2008, 11:48 AM   #90
Ron Wood
2010 LugerForum
Patron

Murray,
No! I didn't have that one on my list. Thank you! For my record notes is it matched with all accessories (I can see that it is cased)?

Alvin,
Good eye. The sight band is a seperate piece and is silver soldered to the barrel. The Loewe sight is pinned to the band but the sight of the DWM is machined as part of the band.

Pat,
You are correct. DWM Borchardt stocks were not numbered.
Unread 04-05-2011, 03:05 PM   #91
cirelaw
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 4,133 Times in 2,173 Posts

A georgeous luger for one classier "Star Of The West" and beyond!
cirelaw is offline   Reply With Quote