LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Lugerforum Archive

Unread 03-28-2002, 02:33 PM   #1
tom collins

Default PRIORITY MAIL SUX

let's see, sent C&R out monday via FED EX , it is NOW thursday afternoon. STILL NO FREAKIN PACKAGE!!

if i ever get another package sent via PRIORITY MAIL instead of fed ex or ups overnight i will take that new luger and shoot the bastard that mailed it.

i now have 3 packages, all over $150 that were sent out early this week via #$@%#$ priority mail - and NONE have yet to arrive.

next time i WILL know better.

Unread 03-28-2002, 02:45 PM   #2
Lonnie Zimmerman
User

Default Re: Chill Out!! (EOM)

Unread 03-28-2002, 02:47 PM   #3
Frank on the Rock

Default Re: PRIORITY MAIL SUX

I know a guy that works for USPS, and he tells me never to send anthing by Priority Mail. He says the pilferage rate is 10% which is covered by what to P.O. calls "built in loss rate". So the P.O. losses one out of every ten packages. So the odds are three to one that two of your packages will arrive at all.

Unread 03-28-2002, 03:24 PM   #4
tom collins

Default gee, thanks frank for the words of encouragment:) (EOM)

Unread 03-28-2002, 03:56 PM   #5
lugerholsterrepair
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 3,101 Times in 1,427 Posts
Default Re: Delivery confirmation tracking#

Tom, You can get a delivery confirmation tracking number for .45 cents. That way you can find out where your package is all the time. We buy and sell on the internet quite a bit and over the last five years wehave sent and recieved hundreds of priority mail packages and never lost a one. Only twice was any delayed and one took 45 days but it had the right address, it was just misdirected by an idiot postman. I prefer priority mail but I just heard it will go up .25 cents with the new postal rate hike...Jerry Burney

Unread 03-28-2002, 04:24 PM   #6
tom collins

Default Re: Delivery confirmation tracking#

as i've said before, why bother with priority mail if the item is over $100 and the extra cost is only $10 to $15 more. most people's time is more valuable than that. i know mine is.

Unread 03-28-2002, 06:44 PM   #7
Thor
User

Frank, your Luger has been shipped, over night FEDEX as REquested! I will send you the tracking number via email! Have a good FRIDAY! I put a little something extra in there for you! Test Target is also included! ~Thor~

Unread 03-28-2002, 07:42 PM   #8
Leo

Default Things happen

I will make this as short as possible....a Luger was shipped to me next day Fed Ex, included was the tracking No. it was supposed to arrive by 2 PM. at 2;30 PM I tracked the number and Fed Ex informed me that the package was delivered and signed for.After 2 hrs of phone calls and getting the police involved it was discovered that the package was delivered to an address ten miles from my address.The package had my name and my address and my phone No. on it and yet it sat overnight in limbo also on the shipping lable was the insurence amount 4000.00 thak God for honest people...........Leo

Unread 03-28-2002, 09:54 PM   #9
Viggo G Dereng

Default Re: PRIORITY MAIL "Works Best with Return Receipt" (EOM)

Unread 03-29-2002, 01:34 AM   #10
Orv Reichert
RIP

Default mail

I use nothing but REGISTERED MAIL. It was how we sent cash and blank signed money orders when I worked for a bank. Travelers checks, too.

Every postal employe who has custody of it must sign for it. They are locked up, too....not just left on a shelf.

I have never heard of a package that was registered being lost/stolen. I did know of some lost when a plane went down but, God knows, that can happen to any service you use?

Cost is minimal, too.

Orv Reichert

Unread 03-29-2002, 01:53 AM   #11
Jesse
User

Thats funny "LOLOL" Gotta love the USPS!!!

Jesse