LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > New Collectors Forum

Unread 12-27-2002, 08:10 PM   #1
RAZOR
New User

Post my first luger

I just bought my first luger today. Will pick it up hopefully next week (if papers come in). Well, I bought it before i did some good research on it. I think i payed too much for it. $800 I'm hoping it's better than I think it is. I did a visual inspection of it and it seem like its in good shape. Some wear around the barrel, front sight and sides. Every number I could find matches. 9mm. It has 1920 (i think) on the top and DWM. Did'nt notice any proofs or markings. It also came with 3 non matching mags, holster and instruction manual in english and a second set of grips. Will find out more when I get it.

Also a question. I'v read that if the gun is reblued the value goes down. does this apply to refinishing too? I read that alot of people on this forum had their luger refinished. Thanks!!!
RAZOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2002, 12:49 AM   #2
lugerholsterrepair
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 3,122 Times in 1,433 Posts
Razor, Congrats on your new Luger and to the Luger Forum.

For certain collectors original blueing and condition are extremly important. For others the blueing wear is a sign of character. Some of us have had pistols that could not be saved, blued again and yes it does affect their value. One always wishes for the original finish in good enough condition to be proud of.

Buy a few books to familiarize yourself with the way guns are graded. They are much like coins in this respect. The Blue Book of Gun Values is a good one for this sort of thing. It might be on the shelf at the local gunshop or ask around. Someone might loan you an older copy. Has a great lesson or two on grading guns in the front. Complete with color photo's.

Let us know when you get your new Luger, we would like to hear all about it.

Jerry Burney

Yuma AZ 85367-6182

lugerholsterrepair@earthlink.net

928 342-7583 (CO & AZ) Year Round
719 207-3331 (cell)

"For those who Fight For It, Life has a flavor the protected will never know."
lugerholsterrepair is offline   Reply With Quote