LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > All Post-WWII Lugers

Unread 03-09-2007, 11:51 PM   #1
tracyp
User

Default MAUSER 1902 CONFIGURATION LUGER

http://www.simpsonltd.com/product_in...oducts_id=2820

I've only seen the swiss style and P08 style in the regular box. It doesn't look like a commemorative and has a regular serial number.

Any thoughts?

Tracy
tracyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2007, 01:06 AM   #2
drbuster
User

Tracy, I don't know what to make of this 1970's era Mauser 1902 "resurrection" luger. It appears they were trying to duplicate a 1902 commercial and added the script Mauser logo on the front gripstrap, much like a unit marking. The 11,000 serial number range is not that of the original 1902 series so I guess this may be a unique "reproduction" of a commercial 1902 with a faux unit marking. It would be interesting to see how many other Mauser 1970 era lugers were made in this configuration. If only a very few were made, I guess this has the potential of increased price appreciation.
drbuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2007, 07:32 AM   #3
mauro
FIREARM HISTORIAN AND AUT

Hello Guys,
Nice late 1986 Mauser Parabellum.
You have to know that togheter with the last Mauser Commemorative(Artillery Model), Mauser produced several pistol assembling spare parts in stock. The result is a set of interesting pistols that do not follow the normal configuration. I have one of this "out configuration" pistol in my collection and it is visible in my web site.
The serial number is the commercial one 10.xxxxxx for the .30 luger and 11.xxxxxx for the 9mm.
As far as the proof marks it concerns, they are the normal Ulhm proof mark used by Mauser with both commemorative and standard model in Europe. The two characters IG are the date (a=0 b=1...) therefore IG means 1986.
This pistol has been configured to be sold in Europe therefore it is dated and proofed in accordance to the European rules.

In the end, it is a really nice pistol that for sure will increase the value in the future.

Hereafter a scan of rhe Deutches Waffen Journal with a couple of last production Mauser Parabellum where you can see a cut away model made using a pistol in the same configuration.

Have fun.
Cheers,
Mauro

Unread 03-10-2007, 05:37 PM   #4
lfid
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Default sideplate question

Hi
does anyone know what is needed to make the fit of the sideplate on this one correct ? it looks a bit tilted down at front and also a bit high where it matches the flat side of the frame at rear of plate

also - looks like the bluing is different color - maybe due to investment cast versus bar stock steel ?

thanks
Bill
lfid is offline   Reply With Quote