LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Lugerforum Archive

Unread 08-30-2001, 09:39 AM   #1
Deaf Smith
User

Default lUGERS USED FOR IPSC MATCHES

Has anyone seen the article a few years back about the fellow who used his shooter luger in a IPSC match? He did ok with it too. The article covered all the little different problems he faced when trying to set up both the gun and himself to do this(like where do you find a "practical" holster for a luger - He used an in the pants generic one.) The mag pouches were I beleave surplus army. He had fun with the idea. He even opened up the sights to give him a better sight pisture(squared the notch a bit)

It was a fun article and now I wish I could find it again. I beleave the authur was Robert Simak. Anybody remember this one?

Deaf Smith

Unread 08-30-2001, 02:39 PM   #2
HÃ?Â¥kan Spuhr
User

Default I tried it

Hi

I have shoot a few IPSC matches with my target luger and I did not very well but I had great fun.

The bigest problem I had was that I was not able to shoot fast enough, dont understand why, but i felt like the triggersystem of that gun not was fast enogh.

But likely (I don't wanna admit it) it was me getting triggerfreeze.

But I have shoot a bit of PPC 1500 with my lugers and they are perfectly for that.

Highest score i Archived was 1447 and that is 80 points higher than I ever have been able to score with my .45 customgun or my SMith PPC revolver.

The magchange is no problem but the original safety is useless so at the beginning I shoot condition 3 and later on I rewelded my safety to a 1911 styled one.

I do honestly belive that a tuned and fixed luger is superb for target and PPC but no good for IPSC.

I am absolutetly convinsed if the better guys had tried a target luger and given the gun a chanse they would have scored at least as high as they to today with whatever they are using.

Best Regards HÃ?Â¥kan

http://www.vapensmedjan.com
Unread 08-31-2001, 11:21 AM   #3
Jesse
User

Default Re: lUGERS USED FOR IPSC MATCHES

I have had some very good luck with Luger's in Comps. It just kills the Kember,Les B guys when they get beat by a $300 (at the time) 9mm ahh, how I miss that 41 byf.

Unread 09-02-2001, 03:31 AM   #4
66mustang

Default Re: lUGERS USED FOR IPSC MATCHES

I remember reading an article like this too, but I seem to remember it was YEARS AGO. Maybe in a Guns & Ammo, from the 70's, is the article I remember reading.

Ed