LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > Gun Show Announcements & Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 04-10-2005, 11:33 AM   #1
Pete Ebbink
User

Default Reno - April 2005 Recap...

Thought I would start the Reno - April 2005 gun show recap here...so others could contribute their experiences and gun show luger sightings.

Here are my 2 cents :

1. Although a very short duration visit for me (only Thursday and 1/2 of Friday), it was great having the pre-Luger Forum dinner dinner on Thursday night with 7 great Forum members.

2. Had a chance to spend more time with advanced Swiss luger collector, Bob Lewis of Modesto, CA. His display is always wonderful to admire and he was even selling some very nice Swiss holsters this time. I bought two and then sold one, an early M1900 commerical, to Ron Wood...(same price, of course...).

3. Had a chance to compare my M1934 Swiss Mauser luger (# 3721v) with the one Bob Lewis had on display. Finish on both lugers, side-by-side, was almost identical. Bob's pistol is only 80 numbers higher than mine, but his has the long frame and the large Banner logo. Bob did say he liked my luger even better than his; as the short frame on mine is quite rare.

4. Had a chance to help a fellow collector locate a 1943-dated HK luger with two matching magazines in a non-HK holster. Asking price was $ 6500...the sale went down for $ 6000. Nice honest gun with honest wear. Serial # was 11739 if I recall correctly...

5. Picked up the only 2 boxes of .30 cal. Swiss ammo..dated 1939 and 1943. Both boxes un-opened with paper seals intact. $ 20 for each box.

6. Was able to sell a Weimar police-modified luger to a fellow LF member.

7. Great to meet John Holbrook and to admire his M1911 Colt display.

8. Lots of old, worn lugers being picked up by the regular dealers that do that sort of thing...tracked a few serial numbers...in case they show up in the future...newly reborn...

Regret that I could not stay with the LF group the entire weekend. Sounds like the Friday night dinner event was an enjoyable one...with Jan, Klaus, and others adding to the group from the night before.

Regards,

Pete...
Pete Ebbink is offline   Reply With Quote