LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Early Lugers (1900-1906)

Unread 07-11-2008, 02:36 PM   #1
Levallois
User

Default Range Report for two M1900s - need a little help

I don't know if this is the right area to write this but these are early lugers.

Well I finally got to the range with some Fiocchi 30 Luger and M1900s no. 81XX and 21XXX. First, let me say that I finally see what you all mean about how smooth these things are - what a great gun and caliber! Second, the NOS flat mainsprings that I got worked great - at least in one - see below.

21XXX was terrific and had only one light strike FTF in 50 rounds and that was in the middle of the session - I have no explanation for this. Do you think it needs a new firing pin spring?

81XX was even smoother but that all ended with a 2-round slam fire in the first magazine on rounds 6 and 7 - of course, I cleared round 8 and stopped shooting this gun but still had to endure the glares of the other shooters around me. What causes this? One thing that should be noted is that this Luger is much harder to **** than 21XXX. Maybe it doesn't like Fiocchi? Any opinions, about this would be appreciated.

At 10 yards one-handed I could pretty much keep 8 rounds in a 3-inch circle with 21XXX - first time I've shot any Luger and I enjoyed the heck out of it.

Thanks!

John
Levallois is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2008, 09:33 AM   #2
Lugerdoc
Patron
LugerForum
Patron

John, The reason that a luger will fire more than one round per trigger pull, is that the sear is not catching the FP between rounds. This could be that these parts are worn where that come into contact, or as simple as a weak sear spring. TH
Unread 07-13-2008, 01:33 PM   #3
Levallois
User

Thank you for replying. I'll have to take a look at the sear and sear spring.
Levallois is offline   Reply With Quote