LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Lugerforum Archive

Unread 01-25-2002, 06:10 PM   #1
Wm. "Pete" Ebbink

Default Develop A Luger-101 Class ?

I have contacted Mr. Ralph Shattuck about the possibility of someone developing and conducting a beginner's Luger-101 class. Such a class could possibly be offered as an extension to next year's LugerFest.

Ralph was supportive but thought it should be discussed with others, maybe at this year's LugerFest.

If any of you Luger business-folks on the Forum as interested, please send me a private e-mail and I can forward a copy of the e-mails Ralph and I have exchanged.

I, for one. would be one of the 1st. students to sign up...

I could also "volunteer" my assistance with course development, since I teach a class or two each year (not related to guns...).

Unread 01-25-2002, 07:13 PM   #2
R. Grady/roadkill

Default Re: Develop A Luger-101 Class ?

I'd also sign up. The knowledge you guys have took a long time to aquire. It may not be around in a few years. Weapons info may well be restricted in the future. As an example, the high school where I work (1800 students) has an internet firewall to keep the little kiddies out of the bad places, and rightfully so. It also allows NO access to anything to do with firearms. They are categorized the same.

RGG

Unread 01-25-2002, 08:37 PM   #3
Herb
User

I would like to assist, however all of my knowledge comes from the various books that I have been able to get my hands on. There is just so much information out there that it is almost impossible to become an expert or even to remember all of the variations that exist. Nearly every day a new Luger variation pops up, is it authentic or a rework, or a clever parts gun?? Who really knows as the printed references are the only thing we have to go by. There may truely be 'one of a kind' Lugers around, but how can they be verified with any assuarance of accuracy? If one can truly have assurance that it is a veteran 'bringback' captured during the war, and that the person involved has not had the knowledge to modify it into something representing a higher value We'll probably never know for sure if it is real or not. Count me in if you want purely "book learnin".

Unread 01-26-2002, 12:05 AM   #4
Dan Clemons
User

Ralph told me that that he would be glad to share his shortcuts to make disassembling your Luger easier at this years LugerFest 02. I for one would find that extremely valuable!!

Luger Tips was a good starter book. Now I need to move up to the next level. See you all March 2nd!

Dan