LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Announcements & Help > Site Technical Help or Site Feedback

Unread 06-11-2002, 09:21 AM   #1
Strider
User

Question Logging out of the forum

John D.,
I ran into an interesting situation this morning when I came to visit the forum. I did not have to log in. I was unable to log out yesterday since our internet server was having problems yesterday and got I kicked out of the forum. I was wondering if this would be a problem to stay logged in even though I was not visiting the forum page. I do not know if anyone else has noticed this or not. Would you recommend logging out when we leave or does it really matter? Thanks.

Patience is a bitter plant, but it has sweet fruit.
~German Proverb

If it is made before 1930 ..........It is a prototype.
Strider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2002, 09:27 AM   #2
Dwight Gruber
User

Thanked 1,281 Times in 423 Posts
Logging out gives you an acurate accounting of what is new to read, the next time you log in.

--Dwight
Dwight Gruber is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2002, 09:10 PM   #3
John D.
Administrator
& Site Owner
LugerForum
Patron

Hi Sid,

I am so sorry for the delayed reply to your question - but right now, with what is happening in my real job and another website I run - I feel like I am "juggling about 12 balls in the air" - and I don't even know how to juggle [img]smile.gif[/img]

Anyway - you do not have to log out when you leave this Forum. If you don't log out, then you shouldn't have to "Login" during the next time you visit this Forum. In short - the posts you have read, and your login info is held in your computer as "Cookies", rather then my systems. In that way - you can actually log in from multiple systems without having to log back in from any of them. For example - I am writing this from my notebook computer at home - and my workstation at the office is still "logged in" - as the two "sessions" are different, as the settings are stored within both my notebook and workstation...

A long answer to a simple question - for sure!!! But - if you have any difficulty logging in, let me know, OK???

My Best to you!!!!
John D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2002, 09:09 AM   #4
Strider
User

Hi John,
Thanks for the reply. I did not think it would be a problem I just wanted to make sure that it would be ok to stay logged in. That will save time when I check the site. Thanks.

Patience is a bitter plant, but it has sweet fruit.
~German Proverb

If it is made before 1930 ..........It is a prototype.
Strider is offline   Reply With Quote