LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Lugerforum Archive

Unread 12-14-2001, 05:45 PM   #1
James L. Shepherd

Default Dutch Luger

I have a Dutch Luger with a serial number less than 500. The only marks on it are the DWM script, crown over N,the word RUST and an arrow under the saftey lever, the three digit serial number(with no letter) on the underside of the barrel and on the front of the frame under the barrel. All othe parts of the gun have the last two digits of the serial number.

From other enquiries I have made, I find that most of these Dutch Lugers have a number of other markings not found on mine.

Is this unusual?

Unread 12-14-2001, 07:50 PM   #2
Art Buchanan

Default Re: Dutch Luger

James----my research[reference: The Dutch Luger by Bas J Martens and Guus de Vries page 142 and 143] indicates that your Luger is probably one of the 1928 Dutch Navy contract Lugers. Ser nos. were 1 through 1484 Delivered by the Berlin-Karlsruher-Werk[the former DWM]. 77 Lugers were delivered in July 1928 and 492 in Feb. 1929. Ser numbering was in commercial style. Bottom of side plate, Locking bolt etc. These have a crown N proof on the left front receiver along with ser #. I have a 1930 Dutch # 1812 which was next contract for 1,170 Lugers 1485 through 2654. I believe you have a nice Luger that is on the rare side. Hope this is usefull info for you.

Unread 12-15-2001, 03:48 PM   #3
tom
User

Default Re: Dutch Luger

If you are interested I have an "extra" Dutch holster for your pistol. Contact me off list at CatoFong@aol and lets see if we can work a deal.

Tom