LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > General Discussions

Unread 06-05-2009, 02:15 PM   #1
junglejim
User

Default How can I get my money back?

On September 4, 2008, I contracted with Lugerman to build me a luger carbine. He promised to deliver in six to eight weeks. A friend ordered one several days after me. He just received his after almost nine month (35 week wait). I overnighted him $1495.00 on September 4, 2008 (that should have been a warning) as he wanted 1/2 deposit right away (going out of town). I have had repeated emails, and have received promise after promise, and I don't wish to continue with this man.

I realize that it will cost as much or more than my deposit to seek recovery, but I refuse to let this guy get away with fraud and theft of my money. I have documentation on everything. I need to know what steps in need to do to recover my money.
junglejim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2009, 12:24 AM   #2
Pistol Whipped
User

Angry Eugene Golubstov (aka: Lugerman).

I'm in a similar situation with Eugene Golubstov (aka: Lugerman). I sent him a pistol 15 months ago and all I get is the run around. I'll be handing this matter over to my attorney after the 29th if I don't hear from him. We will be filling criminal charges against him and will be reporting him to the US Post Master General for Mail Fraud amongst other charges. I suggest you send him a registered letter spelling out that you intend on reporting him to the Fairless Hills Police Dept. and the BATF for fraud. Remind him that you have all records of correspondence and check receipts which you will also be handing over to the appropriate law enforcement agencies. He was audited 4 months ago and he doesn't want to have another visit from the BATF.
Pistol Whipped is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2009, 01:50 AM   #3
Sieger
User

Default Postal Inspectors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pistol Whipped View Post
I'm in a similar situation with Eugene Golubstov (aka: Lugerman). I sent him a pistol 15 months ago and all I get is the run around. I'll be handing this matter over to my attorney after the 29th if I don't hear from him. We will be filling criminal charges against him and will be reporting him to the US Post Master General for Mail Fraud amongst other charges. I suggest you send him a registered letter spelling out that you intend on reporting him to the Fairless Hills Police Dept. and the BATF for fraud. Remind him that you have all records of correspondence and check receipts which you will also be handing over to the appropriate law enforcement agencies. He was audited 4 months ago and he doesn't want to have another visit from the BATF.
Pistol Whipped:

Ten years ago, I had a problem with a "merchant" in Germany.

As he had used our mails to commit his fraud, I reported it to the Postal Inspectors, here, at the USPS. I had full documentation, and developed a detailed, and documented, outline of the fradulent events.

It took me some six months, but they pursued the case with the German equivalent of our FBI (Bundes Kriminal Ampt). I finally got my $2,000.00 back from the crook, and I bet he had to change his underware after the B.K.A. was done with him!!!

I'd call the United States Postal Inspectors in Washington, D.C. and get their input. Rather than spend a lot of your own money, let them do the ground work.

Believe me, when they show up at his door investigating Mail Fraud (a Federal Felony), you will get your money back right away!!!!!!!!

Sieger

Last edited by Sieger; 06-11-2009 at 11:35 AM.
Sieger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2009, 09:56 AM   #4
Mauser720
User

We tend to think that whenever we have problems such as these that our only recourse is to hire an attorney. And that is an option; however, as Sieger has pointed out, there are other options which do not cost any money and are just as effective.

Junglejim - I am going to send you a private Email, since "Lugerman" may read this.

Mauser720 - Ron
Mauser720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2009, 12:23 PM   #5
Pistol Whipped
User

Default My Mauser Brromhandle and Lugerman...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sieger View Post
Pistol Whipped:

Ten years ago, I had a problem with a "merchant" in Germany.

As he had used our mails to commit his fraud, I reported it to the Postal Inspectors, here, at the USPS. I had full documentation, and developed a detailed, and documented, outline of the fradulent events.

It took me some six months, but they pursued the case with the German equivalent of our FBI (Bundes Kriminal Ampt). I finally got my $2,000.00 back from the crook, and I bet he had to change his underware after the B.K.A. was done with him!!!

I'd call the United States Postal Inspectors in Washington, D.C. and get their input. Rather than spend a lot of your own money, let them do the ground work.

Believe me, when they show up at his door investigating Mail Fraud (a Federal Felony), you will get your money back right away!!!!!!!!

Sieger
I've been holding off from posting anything regarding my issue with Lugerman (Eugene Golubstov) because I've been waiting to see his reaction once I threatened to cry havoc and slip the dogs of war. This is what has transpired since I posted my message here.

On June 1st I emailed Eugene Golubstov (aka: Lugerman) asking when the Mauser Broomhandle I sent him over a year ago would be ready. His reply was 4 weeks. To my disapointment he again failed to follow through. 4 weeks passed and nothing more was heard from him. As much as I did not want to it was time to move on to plan "B".

I handed the matter over to my lawyer. He sent two letters of intent (one certified mail, one regular mail) informing Mr. Golubstov that if my gun was not ready by August 1st all legal remedies would be pursued. Once I was certain he had received the letter of intent from my attorney I sent him an email of my own. I spelled out to him that I would report the gun as stolen and charge him with Larceny by Conversion and report him to the BATFE, the local police where he lives, the Pennsylvania Attorney General and since this transaction was made through the the US mail it would also qualify for mail fraud so the Post Master General would also be notified. And I would also sue him in small claims court in Pennsylvania. I had already made the arrangements for all this to happen, all that was needed from me was to make one phone call to my lawyer to start the ball rolling.

This time he got the message. For the next two weeks I received updates on the gun's progress. On August 1 he told me the gun was finished and sent me eight photographs of the finished product. I will now send him payment first thing Monday morning for $500 and then I will call my lawyer and let him know that we will not have to peruse the legal option after all, which was what I was hoping for all along. I never wanted to make trouble for the guy, I just wanted my property back.

But I have to be honest here, if the photos of my Mauser are accurate he has done a fantastic job. As soon as I figure out how to post the pictures here I'll put them up. But this situation now puts me at a bit of a conundrum. There are not too many guys out there doing this kind of resteration work, and If it wasn't for the fact that the guy strung me along for over a year I would use him again but my past experience makes me very reluctant to risk a similar one with him again.

It's obvious to me that Eugene Golubstov knows what he is doing and does fine work but the guy is just unreliable when it comes to communication and meeting deadlines. If he had told me from the very beginning that it would be a year before he could get to my pistol I would have been fine with that. Instead he dodged and obfuscated and in the end I had to play the heavy. I hated doing it but it worked.

So now I'm looking for someone who can restore a shooter Luger for me. I've heard terrific things about Thor and that he's accepting work again. Do any of you know if this is the case? If he is I would like to contact him and see if he would be able to do this for me.
Unread 08-04-2009, 12:47 PM   #6
sheepherder
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 4,438 Times in 2,327 Posts

Quote:
But I have to be honest here, if the photos of my Mauser are accurate he has done a fantastic job. As soon as I figure out how to post the pictures here I'll put them up.
Paul -

I hope things work out for you and he does a worthy job on your Mauser. Yes, please post pics here when you get it.
sheepherder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2009, 04:33 PM   #7
junglejim
User

Default Update on my saga with "Lugerman"

After ultimatems and threats, he said on July 1st that he needed another 15 days to dry out the wood for my carbine. I contacted him again (email) on July 20th and asked where my gun was as it should have been shipped. He said he had just finished it, and sent me pictures of the gun, assuring me that it was pictures of my gun. He has test fired the gun, says it works just fine on white box Winchester ammo. He says he will send it as soon as my final payment arrives. Now I wait.

Pistol whipped, A good friend received his carbine from Lugerman, and it is very nice. I also have two other lugers that he had restored. I know the quality of his work. It is not as good as a John Martz luger, but for the price, it is good. Lugerman indicated to me that he has never not completed a firearm for anyone...........his only problem is delivery time. I only wish that instead of excuses and lies, that he would come clean and give more realistic delivery dates. We would suffer much less anguish. To promise 12 week delivery and take a year is unexcusable. Too much stress. My friend is still waiting for a baby luger and baby P-38. It has been almost a year for those too. Lugerman is currently advertising 5-6 months delivery. He is still way too optimistic on delivery. I think that he is more of a poor business man than a con man.
Anyway, that is my take on the matter.
Unread 08-04-2009, 05:58 PM   #8
Pistol Whipped
User

Default My Completed Mauser Broomhandle...

Here are the photographs Lugerman sent me of my completed gun. I had asked for a complete restoration with new grips.

I've got to be honest, I'm impressed.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Broomhandle .1.JPG
Views:	44
Size:	169.5 KB
ID:	7582  

Name:	Broomhandle.2.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	101.2 KB
ID:	7583  

Name:	Broomhandle.3.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	72.5 KB
ID:	7584  

Name:	Broomhandle.4.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	66.9 KB
ID:	7585  

Name:	Broomhandle.5.JPG
Views:	42
Size:	143.9 KB
ID:	7586  

Name:	Broomhandle.6.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	56.1 KB
ID:	7587  

Name:	Broomhandle.7.JPG
Size:	186.9 KB
ID:	7588  

Name:	Broomhandle.9.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	66.0 KB
ID:	7589  

Last edited by Pistol Whipped; 08-04-2009 at 07:26 PM.
Unread 08-04-2009, 06:05 PM   #9
alvin
User

Paul -- How much did he charge for doing this job?
alvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2009, 06:19 PM   #10
Pistol Whipped
User

Default My Completed Mauser...

Lugerman charged me $500 for the restoration plus $25 for postage and insurance back to me.

He also made me wait a year and a half and often ignored my emails and consistently missed deadlines and fed me a steady diet of excuses…when he would reply to my emails. And you can just forget about ever getting him on the phone.

But the guy does quality work.
Unread 08-04-2009, 07:22 PM   #11
Vlim
Lifetime
LugerForum Patron

Thanked 3,873 Times in 1,184 Posts

Sounds like he needs a manager
Vlim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2009, 07:35 PM   #12
sheepherder
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Quote:
Lugerman charged me $500 for the restoration...the guy does quality work.
It looks worth the money! I'm glad he didn't buff the snot out of it and destroy the edges, like some re-bluers do...
Unread 08-05-2009, 12:29 PM   #13
junglejim
User

Default Let's hope we both get more than nice pictures.

This is a picture of my carbine.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	just pictures 080.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	76.1 KB
ID:	7596  

Unread 08-05-2009, 12:45 PM   #14
junglejim
User

Default Here are pictures of some of my John Martz creations.

John Martz creates the finest custom guns that I have seen. I have several other of his pieces, and they are perfection.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	just pictures 081.jpg
Size:	157.0 KB
ID:	7597  

Name:	just pictures 082.jpg
Size:	139.3 KB
ID:	7598  

Name:	just pictures 080.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	126.1 KB
ID:	7599  

Unread 08-05-2009, 12:46 PM   #15
sheepherder
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Quote:
Originally Posted by junglejim View Post
This is a picture of my carbine.
Jim -

Are you happy with how that turned out??? Is it intended to be a copy of an existing (or past) Luger carbine???

I can't make out the toggle...Did he remove the pistol rear sight???

Does the foregrip have the extra recoil spring???

How's she shoot???
Unread 08-05-2009, 01:53 PM   #16
junglejim
User

Postino, If you are referring to the first picture of a "lugerman" carbine, I have yet to receive the gun. Hopefully, any day now. It is a picture of my completed gun, and he was waiting for my final payment before sending the gun. It should be here any day (fingers crossed!). It is very similar to a 1920 commercial carbine, but not exact. Yes, there is no sight on the rear toggle, only the one like a luger carbine that is on the barrel. It supposedly shoots great on Winchester ammo. I don't know if it has a recoil assist spring like the originals.

In the second set of pictures (John Martz carbine), the configuration is identical to a 1902 American Eagle Carbine with the exception of the 16" barrel and the patented Martz Toggle Release. The p38 carbine is a copy of nothing as they never existed. They also have been tuned to Winchester ammo by the builder. By the way, John Martz's knowledge of metallergy is so acute that he was able to produce weapons like the P-38 carbine and leave them "in the white" without evidence of where metal has been added or where welding has occurred. All the original lettering on both guns are crisp and clear. No evidence of buffing whatsoever. Both guns pictured are without any finish of any kind, just a special treatment to the metal to prevent rusting. Both guns were created over 25+ years ago, and have had no special care. There are no signs of deterioration.
Unread 08-05-2009, 02:12 PM   #17
junglejim
User

Default Here is a comparison

Here is a comparison between my original 1902 carbine and John Martz recreation. You can see that they are the same.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	just pictures 082.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	139.3 KB
ID:	7601  

Name:	Martz conversions 033.jpg
Size:	124.2 KB
ID:	7602  

Unread 08-05-2009, 09:21 PM   #18
alvin
User

Could you show a close-up of this area on the white gun?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	just.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	128.5 KB
ID:	7607  

alvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2009, 08:37 AM   #19
sheepherder
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Quote:
Originally Posted by junglejim View Post
Postino, If you are referring to the first picture of a "lugerman" carbine, I have yet to receive the gun.
Jim -

Yep, that's the one I meant. If I'm understanding you and Pistol_Whipped correctly, neither of you has received your pistols/carbines yet; just pictures. I hope you actually get what is pictured, and that the pics you received aren't PhotoShop creations.

I love the Martz recreations. I've been toying with the idea of a long barrel [6" or so] P-38 for years, with a steel backstrap, but haven't been able to find a decent looking/reasonably priced pistol to work with. My own creations are "shooters", not works of art like Martz's, but I sure wish I had his abilities...
Unread 08-06-2009, 08:59 AM   #20
Pistol Whipped
User

Default My Completed Mauser and Lugerman...

You are correct. On the deadline I set ( August 1) Eugene Golubstov (Lugerman) announced to me that my gun was finished and sent me nine photographs as proof. I have since sent him payment and should have my pistol by next week.

Now, if for some reason that doesn't happen I'm sure you have a pretty good idea by now what I will do.