LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > General Discussions

Unread 05-29-2005, 05:28 PM   #41
Big Norm
RIP

Gentlemen,
while talking about a TV series called CSI, there was some talk about a 9mm casing and whether ot not it was a WW1 or WW2 casing. What is the difference?
Big Norm
Big Norm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2005, 06:11 PM   #42
Big Norm
RIP

Morgan,
yes, I have friends in Norway. One of my lady friends there sent me some pictures of her boyfriends two English Settler dogs retrieving grouse while hunting in Dividalen. Really strange pictures. It looks like the terrain goes from being pretty wooden and grassy to barren rolling hills/mountains. I just assumed that this is what happens when you go over the Arctic circle.

I currently have a 13 year old dachshund dog. When he passes on, I plan to go to Norway and visit my friends. I sometimes wonder about going though because I hear so much about the high taxes and cost of everything. I hear that Oslo is one of the most expensive cities in the world. Maybe this poor little American can not afford to visit his good friends. I'll have to leave it for my oil rich Norwegian friends.

My tourist book contains pictures of a city called Longyearbyen. Very pretty, brightly colored buildings there. Ground floor windows are pretty high up on the sides of the side walls. The winter snow must get pretty deep.
Big Norm
Big Norm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2005, 08:55 AM   #43
Steinar
User

Big Norm,
You are very velcome to visit Norway! Oslo is an actualy more expencive than NY or Moscow.. but that's Oslo.. if you go somewhere else, you will find the prices very much the same as in the US. I come from Trondheim, wich is in the center of Norway, but now I live in a small farm just outside the city. Live there with my Vorster (think it is written that way), it's a dog I use for hunting. Perhaps taking the "Hurtigruta" along the coast from Bergen to Kirkenes is a good idea