LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Lugerforum Archive

Unread 11-10-2001, 04:43 AM   #1
Marvin
User

Default TVP Stamp

Well, I finally got home yesterday afternoon form the Swamps, but only for 2 days. Last night I opened the vault to look at the Luger we discussed with the TVP Stamp on the barrel. The first thing I did was look at the Double Date and there was NO Stamp on the barrel. I looked at a couple other Double Dates and NO stamp. WOW, was my face red when I looked at the only other Police Luger I have, a 1939 Mauser Banner, and there was the TVP Stamp over Eagle. I would have bet a weeks pay it was on one of the Double Dates. I was thinking of the wrong pistol. The Double Date I was thinking of does have all original stamps as I discussed, just no TVP Stamp. I guess my memory is not as good as it once was.

Now, the Mauser Banner does have the TVP/Eagle stamp on the right side of the barrel, no serial number on the barrel, but the bore gage is present. I wonder when this barrel was changed and why since the pistol is in VG/Exc condition? It does not appear to have been reblued, but the barrel does have a slight, almost unnoticeable difference in color fro the rest of the pistol.

Thanks Bill M. for the information you provided on the Stamp and I guess being away from home so long made me make the stupid mistake.

Marvin

Unread 11-10-2001, 10:35 AM   #2
bill m
User

Default Re: TVP Stamp

Hi Marvin,

Thanks for looking. I'm glad your TP Luger was not something no one had ever seen or heard of before. Hope we did not confuse too many. Interesting stamp and discussion on this. I have to admit that you keep me thinking. Take care -- bill m