LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > Repairs, Restoration & Refinishing

Unread 07-24-2019, 05:11 PM   #1
Doubs
User

Thanked 1,611 Times in 525 Posts
Default Big Thanks to G.T. Specialties

Over the years I came into possession of a 1916 Artillery receiver with a cut-down bad barrel and a 1937 Mauser barreled receiver with a beautiful barrel and bad receiver.

A few weeks ago, at the suggestion of LugerDoc, I contacted G.T. Specialties and sent the parts to him. He put the 4" Mauser barrel on the 1916 Artillery receiver and installed a new ejector. It still had the original sear bar. The work was quick and looks perfect. G.T. said he'd test fired it and all worked great.

My "shooter" Luger has been a mix-master VoPo rework that I had a 6" 7.65mm barrel installed on years ago. Now I can use the same frame and toggle train and swap between .30 caliber and 9mm.

Today was finally cool enough - mid 80's - to go to the range with the 9mm upper. I ran two full mags of my 115 grain Truncated Cone bullets and two full mags of 124 grain round nose bullets through it... 32 rounds in all and not only was function perfect but accuracy was very good. At 18 yards I ate up the center of the target.

I couldn't be happier with the work G.T. did.
Doubs is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 7 members says Thank You to Doubs for your post: