LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Lugerforum Archive

Unread 06-30-2001, 09:19 PM   #1
Wombat
User

Default Gun Show report

Sorry for the lack of posts lately. Been extremely busy moving to a new house and getting stuff settled. So, this will be a quick post for me.

I got a wild-hair today and drove over 1 hour to a gunshow in north-Georgia today (Gainesville). Here's the report:

Saw ONE, yes, only ONE Luger at the show. Looked like a rework, wood-grips, in mid-poor condition $799! yikes. S/42 make.

Also, an Erma .22 luger in used shape for $325 !! arrghh

A few Broomhandle mausers at the $1100-1700 mark. Red 9, and some 7.62 originals that were nice. One had a BHM with original buttstock and holster rig for only $1200. Quite nice, but I'm by nomeans a BHM expert. So, I have no idea if it was authentic...? but looked nice nonetheless

Was on the Walther PPK, TPH 'prowl' today and came up emptyhanded.. If anyone has or knows of a Walther stainless steel TPH for sale, LEMME KNOW. I need one asap.

enjoy the rest of the weekend...

Unread 07-01-2001, 04:49 AM   #2
Marvin
User

Default Re: Gun Show report

Wombat,

Thanks for the report. This is what I am seeing at the South Carolina and North Carolina show with Lugers. Not many there and WAY overpriced. Last year I went to show in Atlanta at the Metro Mart (I think that was the name) and there were a number of nice Lugers there, but the prices were way to high to even start talking to any of the dealers. I sold one of my "trading" Lugers which was all matching except the magazine, maybe 50% blue and had some cold bluing on it, very worn bore, and the holdopen was broken. I sold it to one dealer for $450 which was a decent price and I thought I did well. It probavbly went on the table for $600+.

Anyway, nice Lugers are difficult to find in our areas at gun shows.

Marvin

Unread 07-01-2001, 02:33 PM   #3
BILL
User

Default Nice looking Lugers don't hang around at gun shows..

..so, if that is what you are really hunting, they rarely are found. I honestly think one does better using the internet for locating good looking Lugers. And, as always,

"Take me to your Luger!"

Unread 07-01-2001, 03:20 PM   #4
Hugh
RIP

Default Re: Nice looking Lugers don't hang around at gun shows..

But I've seen some nice looking babes hanging around at gun shows .

Unread 07-01-2001, 05:16 PM   #5
Tracy

Default Re: Gun Show report

Just got back from Portland Oregon, attended a Gun Shoe there saw one Luger and one P38 all over priced. Bought some fake bugs in a box for the Grandaughters. Did buy a P.38 from AIM that they accepted my offer on.

Tracy

Unread 07-01-2001, 09:01 PM   #6
BILL
User

Default Re: Nice looking Lugers don't hang around at gun shows..

Hugh, now that you have mentioned it, I have seen more of the latter than the former recently (I thought it was just me going through some hormonal crisis or something)