LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Lugerforum Archive

Unread 06-08-2001, 02:23 AM   #1
Wombat
User

Default TED LUGER: Refurbished Review VERY LONG

Thanks for looking! lemme know what you all think

Link to the review. Click here to go there...........
http://www.airsoftatlanta.com/thumbn...gleft2_jpg.jpg
Unread 06-08-2001, 05:16 AM   #2
Marvin
User

Default Re: TED LUGER: Refurbished Review VERY LONG

Wombat,

Great write-up on the pistol. Ted has done one for me last year and he is finishing up my Double Date which should be ready in a couple of weeks. His work is great on a "shooter" grade Luger. The only problem is that when it gets back, it looks SO GOOD, you don't want to shoot it. Congratulations and I will be looking forward to gettin mine back so I can brag a little too.

Marvin

Unread 06-08-2001, 07:23 AM   #3
Thor
User

Thanks Wombat! Glad you are happy and thanks very much for the review. You put a lot of effort into it! I hope your friends had fun shooting that Luger. The inside trigger surface had the roughest mill marks I have seen on a Luger. The all have some but it was too much and I decided to give it a little face lift. This is my very favorite variation to. Some of the late WWI Lugers and 1920 and 1923 Commercials had these light grips on them (sometimes even beech wood according to Jan Still) Ralph has some originals like that. Anyway, the light colored walnut grips, the rust bluing blue/gray color with the fire bluing and nice matt/milled strawing gives these guns a combination that is just awesome! Mavins Double date is coming up next with Franks gun at the salt bluers (a byf Black Widow) and Tom Armstrong's nice early DWM police is awaiting perfect of a second type of bluing I am experimenting with (more work on that this weekend). Next is Tom Norwoods gun that will be rust blued, I did his strawing last year and it really looks nice. Then I will probably be reworking Rick Kimmels next followed by Steve Lempitski's which is really a bad condition example that almost rivals the SWANS (Ugly Duckling) original condition.

I think Marvins will be ready to ship sometime next week! Have fun and shoot safely! Thor

Unread 06-08-2001, 08:46 AM   #4
Don Leverty

Ted,you did it again! A work of art! I can hardly wait til my Artillery's number comes up!

I'm still an newbie, so one question popped up: Wombat said you said to clean "fire-blue" parts with alcohol. Hadn't heard that before. Which parts are fire-blued? He mentioned grip screws... Why alcohol? Is this a one-time treatment or all the time? I have one gun that is 98% original rust blue finish, and I've just wiped it down with a slightly oily cloth and then polished with a silicon cloth.

Unread 06-08-2001, 08:55 AM   #5
Frank
RIP
Patron
LugerForum
Patron

Wombat, nice review. I know how nice these little jewels are (DOK, notice I didn't use a cap J, that's just for you) from personal experience. I hope you have as much fun shooting yours as I do mine. If you get close to a Walmart, they have a great sale on 9mm UMC (Remington) ammo. And it works great in the Swan !!! Happy Shooting

Unread 06-08-2001, 09:39 AM   #6
Thor
User

Fire bluing is just an oxide protective coating and it also is an indication the parts have been annealed to releave internal stresses. Roll pins, leaf springs and grip screws were doen this way. The oil on them will darken that pretty blue color, but dones hurt it any. It just makes the display a little nicer when you want that awesome blue to burst out! Oiling on the regular bluing is recommended certainly. I use clenzoil on all bluing moving parts, strawing, I keep the grip clean as possible and also the fire blued parts/ The alcohol just removes the oil, thats all. You can oil them up if you want to store them a while. I just like the brilliance of the fire blued parts when displaying them. Thor

Unread 06-08-2001, 11:02 AM   #7
Wombat
User

Default umc ammo

Cheap UMC 9mm? I'll go check that out tonight... I go through 9mm like there's no tommorow. Well, having other 'fast firing' 9mm Guns helps too.

offhand, do you recall the price of the ammo? I usually buy a case (1000 rnds) for $125 shipped here. S&B ammo that is.

Unread 06-08-2001, 11:04 AM   #8
Wombat
User

Default friend's shooting

Yes, one of my friends offered to buy it off me, after shooting it a couple time. He wasn't kidding either. So, I'll refer him to someone on the forum here, if he wants one. I told him about $500 or so for a shooter...

They all really liked the gun, and one of the girls said it was the prettiest gun she'd ever seen

Unread 06-08-2001, 11:18 AM   #9
Frank
RIP
Patron
LugerForum
Patron

Default Re: umc ammo

Wombat, I think I paid $6.50 for a box = $130 per 1000. Some places it's less expensive. LOL

Unread 06-08-2001, 12:28 PM   #10
Thor
User

Default Re: friend's shooting

Yep, Lugers are like that! I took a friend shooting a couple of weeks ago and he bought the only shooter Luger I had for sale! He fired it one time and was hooked! I have often thought about buying a shooter reworking it and reselling it (as reworked of course) You guys just keep me too busy to try it! Thor

Unread 06-09-2001, 10:57 PM   #11
Ad.

Wombat, GREAT pix of what must be a wonderful piece. I can hardly wait until it's my turn to send Prinz to Ted. BTW, your airgun is a pretty good shooter, too. Thanks for alerting us to it. Ad.