LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Lugerforum Archive

Unread 05-04-2001, 02:24 AM   #1
Wombat
User

Default User Profiles

I updated my user profile greatly, if anyone cares.

may spring up some more conversations..

Unread 05-04-2001, 07:33 AM   #2
Ted
User

Default Re: User Profiles

Me too Dok! I wrote a book! I will go have a look at yours! Ted

Unread 05-04-2001, 08:28 AM   #3
Frank
RIP
Patron
LugerForum
Patron

Default Nice upgrade !!

It is difficult to remember when I was 24 years old, it's been that long ago. I was married and had two kids and thought I was damn lucky to be able to go hunting in the Fall with guns I had purchased years before. I didn't add much to collection for another 15 or so years. I wish you continuing success.

Unread 05-04-2001, 08:01 PM   #4
Rick K
User

Ted, you forgot to mention that you play the trumpet! I would love to get with you and listen to Bill Chase and Maynard while we sample the bier that you've brewed!

Unread 05-04-2001, 09:51 PM   #5
Ted
User

WOW, does that sound like a plan!!! I do think the operative word should be PLAYED not play, I can only make that beautiful silver plated BACH Stradivarius sound like a wounded goose and to think I used to rock in a fast paced JAZZ BAND, oh well, "Such is Life" Tedamatic

Unread 05-04-2001, 11:43 PM   #6
Rick K
User

Just start off with long, soft tones. Be patient and gradually work back into it. It will all come back to you. Just like pointing a Luger with your eyes closed or riding a bicycle.

Unread 05-04-2001, 11:46 PM   #7
Ted
User

Hey Man, I can still ride my sting Ray Krates, Just like the day I stopped. I never have tried to fire a Luger with my eyes closed! I saw that on the History Channel, AMAZING> I could fire it, but hitting something intentionally is another matter!

Unread 05-05-2001, 12:24 AM   #8
Rick K
User

Well, you know, I read some posts a couple of days ago where guys were talking about aiming without using the sights. They said they were trained by the Army to "point and shoot" The pistol was an extension of their finger and a Luger is perfect for that.

whaddayathink?

Unread 05-05-2001, 05:33 AM   #9
Marvin
User

Rick,

I was one of those that was tought this method by the Army and it works. I was amazed when I shot a pistol better this way (in a combat situation) rather than using the sights. Next time you go to the range, give it a try.

On the same subject, we were in training and it was at night. We were approx 3-4 meters from the target and the instrucor said he will teach us to use our brain and don't rely on our eyes, they will mislead you. The instructor said to fire 3 rounds into the target as fast as possible. we grew our weapon, fired, and reholstered/ By using the "point and shoot" method we did very well and the shots were "kills" in the chest. NOW, he said he will turn off ALL the light, and at a point he would blow his whistle; we were to draw our weapon and fire three rounds into the target and reholster. He said before the lights go off, to look at the target and get a mental image. We did this, the lights go off, after a number of seconds, the whistle blows, we fire three rounds and reholster. The lights cam on and we checked our targets. I COULD NOT BELIEVE WHAT I SAW. Of the 5 people on the line, 4 had a better group than with the lights on! The 4 groups of 3 shots could be covered by a can of Skoal. Your brain works and your eyes will mislead you. Try this point and shoot for combat type fun. You will be amazed.

Marvin

Unread 05-05-2001, 02:24 PM   #10
Rick K
User

Default Point and shoot

Thanks Marvin. I can't wait to get back to the range to try this. You know, I started thinking about when I was a boy, I used to shoot BB guns all the time. I got where I could throw a can in the air and shoot it with my BB gun. I did not use the sights to do this. I really think I was using the point and shoot method you describe. There's no way I could have hit the can using the sights!

Unread 05-05-2001, 05:52 PM   #11
Hugh
RIP

Default Point & shoot

I don't remember his name, but there was a guy back in the 50's or 60's that advocated the point and shoot method and taught how to do it with BB guns. He could hit aspirin tablets thrown into the air.

Funny thing about pistol grip shapes; two of the most natural pointing pistols are the Luger and the Colt Single Action, yet they have completely different shaped grips.

Unread 05-06-2001, 12:33 AM   #12
Matt
User

Default Re: Point & shoot

I agree Hugh! My favorite revolver is the Colt SAA.

Unread 05-06-2001, 06:13 AM   #13
Marvin
User

Default Re: Point and shoot

Hello Rick,

You were using the best combat method and did not know how good it worked; only that you could do great shooting with the BB gun.

This type shooting is not the standard "target shooting" that many of us do, but for a combat situation, it works and works well. You still must practice to be good at it, but after a little while, it is just natural to shoot a pistol this way and you will be amazed at how much fun it is and how you will amaze your firnds at the range. A few years ago I did some of the combat type shooting at a local Combat shooting Club. We had a ball walking through the woods and shooting target. It still amazes me of some of the hits I got with the point and shoot method. Let us know how it works for you.

Marvin

Unread 05-06-2001, 06:50 PM   #14
Rick K
User

Default Re: Point and shoot

Roger, wilco! May be a couple of days, but I am eager to try it! Thanks Marvin!