LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Lugerforum Archive

Unread 02-28-2002, 08:54 PM   #1
Wm."Pete" Ebbink

Default JPEG Photo Size Question...

Hope someone can lend some advise on digital photography (related to lugers, of course...).

My Casio camera can shoot in various resolutions, up to 1600x1200 pixel resolution (do not ask me what-the-heck a pixel is...).

What have you Forum folks found to be the best shooting resolution to be able to post photos on the Forum with its 180 KB jpg-file size limit ?

Indebted for your help !

Unread 02-28-2002, 09:40 PM   #2
66mustang

Default Re: JPEG Photo Size Question...

Pete the higher your resolution the higher the amount of kilobytes that your pictures will become.

I usually try for the best picture quality that i can and count on me shrinking the picture down a bit from Paint Shop Pro, although the Microsoft Picture it or others will do the same thing.

If you take the picture and look at teh size (resize it), it will show that it is like 16 inches by 12 inches or bigger, if you just change that to say 8 x 6 then the size of the picture will coorspondingly (that can't be a word) and will be smaller.

You can also in Paint shop, shrink it by resolution. This is one of those things hard to teach via e-mail or forum.

Pixels are like for a tv, more pixels per inch means that the picture looks nicer. however for most computer uses, then huge amounts of pixels are a waste (monitors can only see so much), it is when you try to print the picture, it won't look as nice. Lets say you have a picture that looks nice at 3x5 inches and when you make it full page, it looks raggted and blurry, that is because there aren't enough pixels filling in those blurry areas.

hopefully that makes sense.

take a bunch of pictures at different settings, then put them on the computer and look in explorer or my computer and see how kilobytes it takes up.

hopefully that is helpful?

ed