ed70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2006, 09:34 AM   #2
Edward Tinker
Super Moderator
Eternal Lifer
LugerForum
Patron

Thanked 4,502 Times in 2,077 Posts

Ed, interesting first posting. I am guessing you are the seller? Might be fair to say so?

Ed
Author of Veteran Bring Backs Vol I, Vol II, Vol III and Vol IV

Edward Tinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2006, 11:27 AM   #3
ed70
New User

Perhaps, although I am not sure if its unfair or in any way deceptive NOT to say so. If you think so, please remove the post and accept my humblest apologies. Perhaps I should have just said "Navy holster on Ebay" and let you all decide if it's as nice as I think it is, or "am offering a Navy holster on Ebay".

I hope you do not blame me for drawing attention to this holster (which I think is in fact very, very nice, compared to the torn and cracked crap thats being offered) in a spot where the buying crowd meets? Look at it this way, what if you later found out this thing was on Ebay, and you missed it? ;-)

BTW did I mention I also have the pistol that was in it for 95 years for sale?

Ed
Unread 04-26-2006, 11:30 AM   #4
Pete Ebbink
User

Sales ads are best in our Classified sections. Folks do not miss much there.
Pete Ebbink is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2006, 11:36 AM   #5
Edward Tinker
Super Moderator
Eternal Lifer
LugerForum
Patron

Thanked 4,502 Times in 2,077 Posts

Quote:
Originally posted by ed70
Perhaps, although I am not sure if its unfair or in any way deceptive NOT to say so. If you think so, please remove the post and accept my humblest apologies. Perhaps I should have just said "Navy holster on Ebay" and let you all decide if it's as nice as I think it is, or "am offering a Navy holster on Ebay".

I hope you do not blame me for drawing attention to this holster (which I think is in fact very, very nice, compared to the torn and cracked crap thats being offered) in a spot where the buying crowd meets? Look at it this way, what if you later found out this thing was on Ebay, and you missed it? ;-)

BTW did I mention I also have the pistol that was in it for 95 years for sale?

Ed
no big deal, I am just playing moderator Are you dutch? Your english is very good. I was stationed in south Limburg for 7 years, liked it very much. We have several dutch, several belgiums and several germans on the forum, always good to see another european.

The pistol sounds great, can you post pictures?

Ed
Author of Veteran Bring Backs Vol I, Vol II, Vol III and Vol IV

Edward Tinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2006, 12:39 PM   #6
ed70
New User

Ed

thanks. Yes, I'm Dutch. South Limburg is great. Lived in the north of Limburg for seventeen years, not really the same thing, but it comes close.
The pistol (a 1908 Navy) and my BYF41 are "in custody" as I stopped shooting a few years ago. In Holland that means the reason for having a permit also ends. I did not want to sell them, then, so I arranged to have them kept for me at the police station until I decided what to do, sell or start using them again, which I did not want to do with the Navy anyway).
It is still not easy to sell, though, I bought the Navy and the holster twentyfive years ago in Nymegen where I then lived, from a retired gentleman, who probably took it off some elderly Volkssturm-ing German who found himself suddenly and most convincingly surrounded by the 82nd Airborne in september 1944. Hesitate to tell you what it cost me, but nowadays its about two trips to the gasstation. (Aaah. the good old days, when we were opening up those small german boxes with the blue labels and the funny script by the dozens on the firing range because we could not afford anything else.. )

Anyway, posting pictures involves going to visit the guns, etc.etc (involves tears and misery and prozac and all that). But the time comes to sell the guns, so I will probably post them here soon.

Ed