LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Lugerforum Archive

Unread 11-23-2001, 02:11 AM   #1
Dan Clemons
User

Default Is it OK to let others know what is on your want list here?

At the top of my want list at the moment is any Luger with a 6 inch barrel. I'ed like all the numbers to match including magazine if possible. It also has to be in excellent condition. I intend to use it as a shooter. However, I might like a MINT piece in the collection as well.

Where is everyone finding their Lugers?

As you can see, I am new here. You have my permission to delete this posting if is against your rules.

Thanks!

Unread 11-23-2001, 05:27 AM   #2
Marvin
User

Default Re: Is it OK to let others know what is on your want list here?

Dan,

A BIG welcome to the Forum!!

This is what this Forum is for for; to let us us know what we can do to help you with Lugers including finding them for you. We may not be successful each time, but this Forum has a great bunch of folks that are willing to help.

As to a 6" Luger, I don't know at this time, but someone may see your post and help. We do have a "Classified" section that you can go to (on the left) and post you want there also. This posting will stay in the Classified section for quite a while.

Also, check the "Links & Resource" section for the names of several dealers who have proven to be knowledgeable and honest in their dealings. I use a couple of the dealers listed for my Lugers and go to gun shows to find them. Another source is the National Automatic Pistol Collectors Association. This is an informal group of gun collectors, which includes most of the well known firearms authors, that has a monthly publication, "Auto Mag" which has a number of firearms for sale. The "Auto-Mag" also has excellent articles on gun collecting.

I hope this helps a little, and I am sure others will add additional information. Again, welcome to the group!

Marvin

Unread 11-23-2001, 08:49 AM   #3
tom
User

Default 6" Bbl Lugers

Hi Dan,

I specialize in Navy Lugers and have several that may fit your needs. Pls e-mail me off list at catofong@aol.com.

Thanks,

Tom

Unread 11-23-2001, 02:41 PM   #4
Big Norm
RIP

Default MY CHRISTMAS WISH LIST

My Christmas wish list is down to magazines and stocks for Lugers that I own. Tops on my list is a wood bottom mag serial #1339 for a chamber dated 1914 DWM artillery. Second on my list would be a Navy mag serial #4602. Neither serial number has a small cap in its serial number.I probably will never find them. But sometimes the fun is in the chase.

Big Norm

Unread 11-23-2001, 03:45 PM   #5
66mustang

Default Santa *might* be listening? :D

Big Norm, somewhere in America, in some guys footlocker, desk drawer or night stand is your magazine.

I'll forward this to Santa, but he doesn't listen as well as when I used to ask for GI Joes?

Ed

Unread 11-24-2001, 06:54 AM   #6
Big Norm
RIP

Default Re: Santa *might* be listening? :D

Yah, I keep my finger crossed a lot. One of the great things about this forum is that it is international. So someone in the world might just notice. Here's hoping. I've been a good boy Santa.

Big Norm