LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > Shooting and Reloading

Unread 11-07-2009, 07:08 PM   #1
G.T.
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 3,583 Times in 989 Posts
Default P.08 MEC-GAR Mag upgrades

Hello to all, Although I've been laid up..I've been able to crank out a few MEC-GAR mags with the G.T. Specialties upgrades for a few of our forum members.. As far as I know, they have been well received and are doing fine for our shooter crowd as a quality replacement range mag for P.08's... I can tune the mag somewhat by replacing springs of different weights, but my standard offering is made to mimic the original, (as when new) as close as possible.. To do this, I address some of the points on the issue MEC-GAR, that are a bit of a compromise in order to make the mag affordable... They are, follower spring, follower spring cap or guide, mag bottom and retaining pins... I change all that stuff!!! ........Most are improvements in function, the new pins are mainly cosmetic.. When making the replacement bottom, I've tried, whenever possible, to use tastefully, & nicely figured European French or English walnut, with a small GT stamp, (also when requested) and spend a little bit of extra time on fit and finish.... The follower spring is really the heart of the issue and my springs will not take any more set then the first twenty cycles, and it is still just coming into spec at that point.. best springs available, they are available in small quantity from Lugerdoc... But, My price on the MEC-GAR upgrades including the mag, are $85.00 for the Blue tube, and $90.00 for the Nickel, includes postage and GT stamp if you'd like?? please allow a little time for delivery as I make them in batches... I move slow, but I do move!.... I'll go a long ways to make my customers happy... we don't stop till your satisfied, or money back in full....... Hasn't happend yet in 25 + years! ... Best to all, til...lat'r....GT
BTW, some of my excellent customers might throw a picture or two up so you can see what we're talking about, I'd really appreciate it... also jogs my memory on who's been playing with all my toys!!
G.T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2009, 09:16 PM   #2
alterfritz
User

I had two mecgar mags refitted by GT, he put in wood bottoms and replaced the springs to work with my 1971 Mauser Parabellum because the regular springs caused jams. He also gave me an additional mag for the back and forth with the two magazines plus he fixed the lips of one of the original mags that came with the gun.
I will be ordering another one soon to keep it loaded in the house just to have my pistol ready as a sidearm next to my shotgun. I don't have a modern pistol but I think it would be good to have a backup gun in case the shotgun fails. I don't want to keep my regular mags loaded because I'm afraid that will weaken the spring over time, but I think I can afford to order a mag from GT every 6 months or so can't have enough accessories for a gun like that that's not available int he stores anymore

I include some pics of the magazines GT made. You can't see it here but they have a tiny GT stamp on it Alas I have only a simple camera so they may not be too good but here they come. The last one has my gun in it too
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mags0.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	87.0 KB
ID:	9472  

Name:	mags1.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	143.5 KB
ID:	9473