LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Luger Accessories

Unread 08-30-2005, 11:05 PM   #1
Roadkill
User

Default WWI P08 Lanyard

Ill take a little time with this, someone might find some interest.

"Sehr seltener, abgenommener Lederpistolenfangriemen mit Messinghaken zum Einhaken in die Waffe, oben mit Schlaufe zum �?berschlaufen auf die Schulterklappe. Dieser Riemen befand sich zusammengerollt in einer 08-Pistolentasche aus dem 1.WK, Photo des Offiziers aus dem 1.WK anbei und wird mitgeliefert. Der Soldat diente in beiden Weltkriegen. Leder altersgem�¤ss leicht br�¼chig. Gesamtl�¤nge des Riemens 61 cm so wie auf dem Photo abgebildet mit Schlaufe. An Bezeichnungen habe ich ein Herstellerk�¼rzel gefunden: MK Daneben ist ein Hoheitsadler des 3.Reiches als Abnahmestempel zu erkennen. Weitere Stempel habe ich nicht gefunden. Ich habe bisher in der Literatur noch keine Abbildung eines solchen Fangriemens gefunden, da er sehr selten nur ausgegeben wurde. Es d�¼rfte sich damit um eine echte Rarit�¤t handeln und eine Bereicherung jeder 08-Sammlung sein.

Not often discovered leather pistol lanyard with pewter hook for attachment to gun, the top with a loop to slide over the shoulder board. This lanyard was found rolled up in an 08 pistol holster from WWI. A photp of the oficer was with it and is offered also. The soldier served in both world wars. The leather is slightly cracking due to age. The total lenght is 61cm as shown on the photo. A producers mark was allso located: MK Next to it is an eagle stamp from the 3rd reich. Other marks were not found. In literature available I have not yet found any description of this type of lanyard. It must not have been widely used. It should be considered as a genuine rarity and an asset for any P08 collection.

http://www.egun.de/market/item.php?id=544512

rk
Roadkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2005, 11:42 PM   #2
lugerholsterrepair
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 3,101 Times in 1,427 Posts

RK, Interesting...I question if this hook could be forced thru the lanyard loop on the back of a Luger. It is quite flat and close. This hook is fat and round, I don't think it would hook up. If it did, it would mar the pistol something fierce. Metal grinding on itself. The regular issue WW1 lanyard had a slim leather tab that slipped onto the pistol. Smooth and neat. This is clumsy and I cannot imagine having a Luger dangling from my shoulder boards. Just dosen't make sense to me . I guess it could be a strap for something...Thanks for bringing it to my attention,I am always interested in Luger Lanyards. Jerry Burney

Yuma AZ 85367-6182

lugerholsterrepair@earthlink.net

928 342-7583 (CO & AZ) Year Round
719 207-3331 (cell)

"For those who Fight For It, Life has a flavor the protected will never know."
lugerholsterrepair is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2005, 09:26 AM   #3
Lugerdoc
Patron
LugerForum
Patron

Jerry, I agree with most of your comment above, except I would bet that the non-gun end of this lanyard went on the gun belt (thru the loop). TH
Unread 08-31-2005, 10:54 AM   #4
George Anderson
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,527 Times in 786 Posts

Gents, the "lanyard" looks kind'a short at 61cm/24in. If it is in fact as short as it appears, its use would result in a rather serious restriction of movement. If attached to the shoulder board it might be a stretch to pocket the pistol and if attached to the belt it would be difficult to fire from a prone position. My lanyards run from 37-40 inches.
George Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2005, 11:41 AM   #5
Roadkill
User

I concur with all, maybe my attempt at translation is inadequate. If someone who is a better German translator than I ( most anyone ) can assist I would appreciate it. Might be a simple mistake on my part.

rk
Unread 08-31-2005, 11:48 AM   #6
George Anderson
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,527 Times in 786 Posts

Looks great to me RK 'cept I think Messinghaken would be brass catch rather than pewter (Zinn).
George Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2005, 01:52 PM   #7
Roadkill
User

Thanks, good correction. I really need to start using a dictionary when I do this. I knew it was a metal, just not exactly sure which.

rk