LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > New Collectors Forum

Unread 03-26-2005, 11:04 AM   #1
Dude
New User

Default SOG & Broken Ejector

Good morning all.

I wish I would have found you guys before I bought an SOG Luger. The one I received has most of the numbers ground off, black plastic grips, reblued, and the silver mag end is painted black. All in all I guess I have an expensive shooter.

When I received it I disassembled, cleaned, and lubed it. Yesterday I finally had a chance to shoot it. After eight shots, that jammed every time, it stopped ejecting brass. Looking it over I found the ejector broken.

Looking through the Forum here I've been getting some good info. I'd like to change the Main & Mag Springs, loading tool, also the firing pin to a grooved one for shooting and ejector. Gun Parts lists the ejector for $30. Is there a better place to get it?

Thanks,
Steve
Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2005, 11:08 AM   #2
Dude
New User

One more question. If you shouldn't remove the mag pin and end how do you get the spring out?
Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2005, 04:14 PM   #3
Herb
User

Dude, the only way to get the spring out is to remove the pin and bottom piece. If you do this carefully, supporting the mag on a flat surface such as a 2/4 with a hole drilled in, or thru, it to let the pin drop out, with the mag base just over the edge, and use a punch of the proper size you should have no problem. I've done it this way and there is no way to tell the pin was ever removed but you have to use care in doing it.