LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > All P-08 Military Lugers

Unread 01-15-2005, 11:27 PM   #21
DougT
User

Gundude, for a quick look at quality Lugers, check out the Luger room at Simpson ltd. (great photos) and Ralph Shattuck's World of Lugers (no photos and a one time cost of $6.00). This will give you an idea of what quality Lugers cost, and both of these sources are absolutely reputable. Good hunting!
DougT
DougT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2005, 09:45 AM   #22
thegundude
User

Ron, Ed, Doug.... Thanks for the great advice. I'm starting to see some come up for under a grand now. Like a 1940 that looks in good shape. I may bid on that. I'd give $700 for something decent. I don't need the most valuable or rare piece, just an original Luger to call my own. If it gets me started down that dangerous path of collecting them, so be it. I just don't want to start out at the $1,000 stage, if you know what I mean.

Yeah, they will become ever more valuable, no matter what. I suspect even some of the junk will be worth money eventually. But I don't like junk.... :-P

I am currently collecting Colt Police Positives, if that gives you any idea of how I collect. I've never paid more than $250 for one, but the prices are screaming skyward here of late. That's what I like to see in my collection. Good quality guns that I paid a reasonable amount for, but are now worth a great deal more......

(Not that I would ever sell one of my babies, but you guys know what I mean)......

Thanks again gents.

~Steve
thegundude is offline   Reply With Quote