LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > Off Topic & Other Firearms

Unread 02-05-2005, 09:06 AM   #1
edwood
User

Default gunparts over seas question

I have a slide that a person in Italy wants to buy, it is a striped rand slide, I know I have no problem sending it any where in the us with out any paper work. but what about over seas? I don't want any problems with customs. any information appreciated, thanks
edwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2005, 04:01 PM   #2
Vlim
Lifetime
LugerForum Patron

Thanked 3,882 Times in 1,186 Posts

Hi,

Don't know about italian gun laws but I'd be pretty cautious when sending a slide through mail without any paperwork to accompany it.

Overall, sending small 'non-essential' gun parts to any European country that allows gun ownership will not be a big problem. Most countries see slides, barrels and frames as 'essential' gun parts and will have legal restrictions on them.

My advice is to send it to him through a local Italian dealer and make him sort out what import paperwork he needs (before sending it).
Vlim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2005, 09:17 AM   #3
John Sabato
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,304 Times in 1,096 Posts

Find one of Mauro (Baudino) posts in the Artillery Luger forum and send him a Private Message and ask him... He is Italian and a collector... he would know the answer to your question.

"...We hold these truths to be self-evident that ALL men are created EQUAL and are endowed by their Creator with certain UNALIENABLE rights, and among these are life, LIBERTY, and the pursuit of happiness..."
John Sabato is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2005, 06:01 AM   #4
Steinar
User

I recently bought a receiver and toggle (not breechblock) from Canada, no problem getting those parts trough norwegian customs

When I contacted the customs if it was ok or not, they didn't know! Nor did the police.. as long as there is no restricted parts, it's ok. I quess barrel and frame are the restricted parts, that might be the same troughout europe..
Unread 02-09-2005, 09:49 AM   #5
John Sabato
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,304 Times in 1,096 Posts

I still say that Mauro would be the best source for Italian postal and import restriction...

Remember, if you ship it and it is confiscated by Italian Customs Authorities, somebody will have to eat the cost... I wouldn't want it to be a forum member.

"...We hold these truths to be self-evident that ALL men are created EQUAL and are endowed by their Creator with certain UNALIENABLE rights, and among these are life, LIBERTY, and the pursuit of happiness..."
John Sabato is offline   Reply With Quote