LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > New Collectors Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 08-23-2022, 02:40 PM   #1
day late
User

Default Newbie, Thrown Into The Luger World By Accident

I'll try to make a long story short. A friend of mine bought a retirement home on the coast to retire in, about twenty years ago. About six months ago he was up on a shelf he'd never been to before. Wrapped in a rag was a rusted piece of junk that used to be a 1936 PO8 Luger. Serial number 7237 and according to what markings are left, was issued to the German Navy. It was missing a number of pieces. As of now, after much effort, work, trial and error, and a fair chuck of change, I have a Luger that fires. But here is the problem.

I chamber a round. I fire the round. The action cycles and a new round is chambered. But the silly thing isn't cocked. I have to open the action a bit, then close it by hand, shoot and now the next round will chamber, but not fire until the above is repeated. I found a video on line where it SEEMS to guy has the same problem as I do, but I can't be sure. The video is here;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kR1Lx50-Do

I will say that one thing that was missing and had to be replaced was the side plate and trigger assembly. If anyone has any insights as to what my problem could be, I'd love to hear it.
day late is offline   Reply With Quote