LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Announcements & Help > Site Technical Help or Site Feedback

Unread 09-09-2002, 08:05 AM   #21
John Sabato
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,304 Times in 1,096 Posts
John D.

You have carried my gallery idea several steps further than even I was thinking about! What a great idea! A self service Owner's Corner!

I know you have some edges to smoothe out, but the concept is great.

You and I should talk this week about some suggestions for new changes if you will have time.

"...We hold these truths to be self-evident that ALL men are created EQUAL and are endowed by their Creator with certain UNALIENABLE rights, and among these are life, LIBERTY, and the pursuit of happiness..."
John Sabato is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2002, 09:15 PM   #22
John D.
Administrator
& Site Owner
LugerForum
Patron

OK - the Gallery is set... Some of the coding differences from last evening's post...

- On the main Gallery Page page (select "Member Gallery from here: http://www.lugerforum.com/ , you will see a REGISTER link at the top of the page which allows you to "REGISTER" your own personal User Name and Password - so please don't use the "luger/forum" username/password for creating your new login to the Gallery.

- If you enter a valid e-mail address, folks will be able to e-mail questions to you (and your e-mail is protected from SPAM bots).

- When you are looking at pictures in the gallery â?? you can add comments to pictures that you see in other's galleries. etc, etc, etc........

This is a codeset I modified for this Forum, but Iâ??m using one of my primary sites at http://www.rennlist.com (and probably gives you some idea of some other features I can bring into this Forum/site in the future). To see what some folks have done with their photo galleries â?? go here : http://gallery.rennlist.com/ - there are dozens of albums with hundreds of visitors each day (if you see "blank" albums at the top of that page - it's folks who are in the middle of creating their albums...).

Have fun.
John D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2002, 09:43 PM   #23
wterrell
User

John,

The rennlist stores is a nice feature. And the java is very cool. Or is that Joust?
wterrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2002, 10:10 PM   #24
John D.
Administrator
& Site Owner
LugerForum
Patron

[quote]Originally posted by wes:
<strong>John,

The rennlist stores is a nice feature. And the java is very cool. Or....</strong><hr></blockquote>

Thanks Wes,

Yea - Rennlist is pretty cool - and has a lot of features. Right now, it sits on 13 servers running 3 various operating systems, 4 hubs, three gateways, two dedicated high-speed lines, firewalls/proxy, etc. Network utilization - approximately 98% per 24 hours (weekdays).

Registered e-mail addresses to the Rennlist e-mail discussion lists - 82,000 folks(+/-). 53 public/private discussion lists, 2031 original e-mails rec'd (24 hours), approximately 13,967,000 (yes â?? I said almost 14 MILLION) e-mails sent in 24 hours (weekday). Approximately 34,000 Digests sent in 24 hours.

Rennlist Classifieds - 26,988 unique visitors per day - average of 130 new original classifieds posted per day.

Web Discussion Forums - approximately 9,878 registered users. Average of ten lurkers per registered user - approximately 1,965,000 page hits per month (yes â?? almost 2 million) with approximately 492 original posts per day (Web Forums only).

Total site - approximately 232,000 total visitors per day, 127,000 unique visitors (IP).

And yea - for all that - I hope to make Rennlist my full time job in the near future - but in the meantime, it only pays it's own costs without Jen's and my salary. So, we have real jobs to pay for it all.. Figures [img]smile.gif[/img]

John
Unread 09-09-2002, 10:49 PM   #25
Ron Wood
2010 LugerForum
Patron

Location: Santa Teresa New Mexico just outside of the West Texas town of El Paso
Thanked 5,088 Times in 1,674 Posts
Hey..this new feature is neat! I stumbled a couple of times but it works slick. Could become addictive. Thank you!
Unread 09-09-2002, 11:08 PM   #26
wterrell
User

John, do you provide bulk email services?
wterrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2002, 07:21 AM   #27
John D.
Administrator
& Site Owner
LugerForum
Patron

[quote]Originally posted by wes:
<strong>John, do you provide bulk email services?</strong><hr></blockquote>

Hi Wes (and Ron [img]smile.gif[/img] )

First - no to the question of Bulk e-mail services. All e-mail sent from the site are to folks who are subscribed to double opt-in e-mail discussion lists (about Porsche, Audi, BMW, etc. cars). Personally - I have no patience for bulk e-mail providers.

Also - Ron.. Thanks for the positive comments!!! Yes - it is pretty addicting [img]wink.gif[/img] and NICE GALLERY!!!!

Best to you,

John
Unread 09-10-2002, 02:12 PM   #28
Dok
RIP

Talking

Very slick piece of work old boy... well done!
That should certainly help the members who wait patiently for their pictures to be hosted.

Good on yer!

Dok

http://www.centercustomcases.com/
Dok is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2002, 08:22 PM   #29
Herb
User

Hey Doc, good to see a comment from you. For John D. A couple of days ago I visited another forum that was similar to this one. It had a section called "TEST" where the forum members could test uploading pictures etc. I assume this was to prevent the embarassment of attempting to post to the actual forum topics and failing to do so and having every other member see the failed results. I thought that was pretty neat as I have see the failed results of this forum's members attempts and then they gave up and never tried again. Just some food for thought.
Unread 09-20-2002, 10:40 AM   #30
John Sabato
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,304 Times in 1,096 Posts
For those of you who tried the new Member Gallery created by John D. Let me tell you that the folks who wrote the software that he used have released a remote client that will allow you to communicate with albums that you have created and will allow you to upload new graphics to your albums by simply dragging and dropping the files like you do when copying them locally.

The client "gallery remote" works like a champ. I downloaded the large version 12 MB, but there is a small version 2.5 MB that will work if you already have a JAVA Virtual Machine (JVM) loaded on your system.

If you are not sure, it is recommended that you download the large version, but no harm done trying the smaller version first... if it doesn't work then download and install the big one.

Here is the URL for the download:
Gallery Remote Download Link

Good Luck... Let see more of them galleries!

"...We hold these truths to be self-evident that ALL men are created EQUAL and are endowed by their Creator with certain UNALIENABLE rights, and among these are life, LIBERTY, and the pursuit of happiness..."
John Sabato is offline   Reply With Quote