LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > Repairs, Restoration & Refinishing

Closed Thread
Unread 04-11-2014, 09:03 AM   #21
Curss
User

Translation please?
Unread 04-11-2014, 10:37 AM   #22
hayhugh
User

"Buona serata Sergio. Tendo a concordare con voi, Mi e stato strappato circa questo per un certo periodo di tempo, e ho appena non puo farmi I'installazione di impugnature in plastica sul mio Parabellum."

"Che è abbastanza incredibile. Ricordo con molto piacere anche e'stato molti anni fa ero di stanza a Livorno/Pisa (1976-1981), e Vicenza e Ceggia (1986-1988)! ...assolutamente una bellissima volta in vita mia... '

It is considered bad form to converse in a language not radially understood by all present, don't-ch-know?

and twice in one thread........
Unread 04-11-2014, 11:26 AM   #23
danielsand
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayhugh View Post
"Buona serata Sergio. Tendo a concordare con voi, Mi e stato strappato circa questo per un certo periodo di tempo, e ho appena non puo farmi I'installazione di impugnature in plastica sul mio Parabellum."

"Che è abbastanza incredibile. Ricordo con molto piacere anche e'stato molti anni fa ero di stanza a Livorno/Pisa (1976-1981), e Vicenza e Ceggia (1986-1988)! ...assolutamente una bellissima volta in vita mia... '

It is considered bad form to converse in a language not radially understood by all present, don't-ch-know?

and twice in one thread........
Sorry.

Looks like YOU didn't have a problem understanding Italian. I speak six languages, and hold some fondly memories from Italy. Just wanted to let Sergio know that I love his country and culture. That's all.
Unread 04-11-2014, 11:33 AM   #24
hayhugh
User

I did not and do not speak or understand Italian. Maybe a PM would suffice if your messages had nothing to do with the thread,
Unread 04-11-2014, 11:53 AM   #25
danielsand
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Sabato View Post
Daniel e Sergio, Ciao e Buon Giorno Amici...

Che è abbastanza incredibile. Ricordo con molto piacere anche e'stato molti anni fa ero di stanza a Livorno/Pisa (1976-1981), e Vicenza e Ceggia (1986-1988)! ...assolutamente una bellissima volta in vita mia...
Ciao John, e Boun Giorno!

Since we are "offending" some people here, let's continue in English (and TOTALLY off topic!). As much as we like to think about ourselves as "unique" individuals, it seems that same people have same (or very similar) interests, and frequent the same places. Similar education, background, experiences and living in places that shaped us for what we are today. I also hold fond memories from Italy, Germany, Yugoslavia, and Japan (places I lived in, and have many friends still).

At this point in my life, I am not sure if these times (in foreign countries) were so great, or it's just a nostalgia for the youth that's gone. I "imported" three wives to the States from those places (Croatian,Italian,and German) among other things. And those times are forever in my mind. Young, dashing, uniformed, well paid, and traveling the world, serving one's country! Who wouldn't like it?

Now we are old men, sitting by the computer (sometimes!), and I couldn't help myself, but jump on the opportunity to address Sergio in his native tongue. IF that seriously offended anyone, I apologize, but why should it? IF someone would want to type in Chinese here (and I would be interested in what was said), I would find the way to translate it for myself.

I was in Trieste about the same time you were in Vicenza, and I went all over Italy. Wouldn't it be just wild to find out that we ran into each other so many years ago? Chance meetings, that come to be something else later. Speaking of which,.......me and my current wife (American), saw each other at the party in Paris, back in early 90s. We were never introduced, never spoke to each other, and were married to other people at the time. After we were both divorced, we met for the "first" time (in 2010), fell in love, got married, and realized (about a year AFTER we got married!) that we attended the same party at the same time! We both had a nagging feeling that we "ran into each other before" (like so many other couples think), but in this case it really happened.

Anyway,......let's not violate this thread any more. If it needs to be moved to "General Discussions", please move it.

Glad to meet you all.
Unread 04-11-2014, 12:01 PM   #26
danielsand
User

Quote:
I did not and do not speak or understand Italian. Maybe a PM would suffice if your messages had nothing to do with the thread,
My reply to Sergio ACTUALLY has everything to do with the thread. I told Sergio that I agree with his statement that plastic does not fit the Erfurt, and I also apologized for my rusty Italian.

I also apologized to YOU, although YOU are NOT a moderator, owner of the site, or the "language police" on it. If you want to talk nice, and ask for translation, I'd be happy to oblige,..... otherwise just put me on your "ignore" list, and go on with your life.
Unread 04-11-2014, 12:39 PM   #27
hayhugh
User

You really did not have to recite your whole live to explain your bad manners. Evidently your x-wives picked up on it early enough to move on.....
Unread 04-11-2014, 12:52 PM   #28
danielsand
User

Quote:
You really did not have to recite your whole live to explain your bad manners. Evidently your x-wives picked up on it early enough to move on.....
Thank you! You now effectively made MY ignore list.
Unread 04-11-2014, 02:02 PM   #29
John Sabato
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,304 Times in 1,096 Posts

A couple of sentences in a foreign language directed to others by name is certainly not bad manners. For those who might have an interest, but are unfamiliar with the language in use... try Google or Bing translators...my comments were not directed to you by name, I simply remarked about my fond memories of two tours in Italy to two acquaintences who have shared the same experience. Get over it.

Quote:
...It is considered bad form to converse in a language not radially understood by all present, don't-ch-know? ....
According to who?

Twice in one thread? How many times in this thread have you offered only criticism? versus a single comment where you offered what seemed to be advice, and even that appeared to be fecetious?
Quote:
Go"n get black chrome, yep that's the ticket!
Your criticisms have bordered on being a "personal attack" on contributors, and THAT IS specifically prohibited.

I have successfully enforced "manners" on this forum for nearly a decade and a half... It is the best gun-related collector forum on the internet, bar-none. From more than 11,000 registered users, less than 25 have had to be banned. We operate under "rules" not "opinions."

If you have a problem with a member's manners, direct it to me, Ed Tinker, VLIM, or John D.

If you want to make your own rules, on forum participation, or manners, you will have to start your own forum. This forum is filled with friendly people from all over the world and all polite activity is welcomed. Danielsand and my comments were courteous in nature and directed to specific posters. There is no mandate to use PM's for such activity. Nor is there a requirement to provide a translation for people to whom the comments were not directed by name.

If you don't like what you read here, then you are not obligated to read here. End of Story.

"...We hold these truths to be self-evident that ALL men are created EQUAL and are endowed by their Creator with certain UNALIENABLE rights, and among these are life, LIBERTY, and the pursuit of happiness..."
The following 5 members says Thank You to John Sabato for your post:
Unread 04-11-2014, 02:12 PM   #30
Edward Tinker
Super Moderator
Eternal Lifer
LugerForum
Patron

Thanked 4,502 Times in 2,077 Posts

Quote:
RELAX

Geez, we ARE an international forum and if every now and then some members yak at each other, use google translator, if you are afriad they are talking about you!

The following 7 members says Thank You to Edward Tinker for your post:
Closed Thread