LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Navy Lugers

Unread 11-26-2012, 07:23 PM   #1
CAP Black
User

Location: Fairmont, WV Right here in Mountaineer country and God's country
Default Navy tool, maybe

I just got a tool. It supposedly is a navy item. The emblem is very small as you can imagine. I will attach a drawing I made trying to display how it appears. I'm sort of close, although I have never been accused of being artistic; perhaps closer to be autistic. On the item the "M" isn't right under the crown (off to the side a little) and not touching the crown. The crown looks good but the "M" is close to how I show it but not like what I see in: The Navy Luger book, by Gortz and Walter, which has a light blue cover.

Anybody have any words of advice to keep or send back???
Attached Files
File Type: pdf tool emblem.pdf (64.9 KB, 65 views)

Last edited by CAP Black; 11-26-2012 at 07:50 PM. Reason: Correct book name and authors
CAP Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2012, 08:12 PM   #2
Norme
Always A
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,591 Times in 930 Posts

Hi Jack, Proceed with extreme caution! Most of the Navy marked tools out there are fake. It's easy to do and the upside potential is great. I enclose a photo of an authentic Navy tool.
Good luck, Norm
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	034h.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	61.8 KB
ID:	30288  

Norme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2012, 08:41 PM   #3
CAP Black
User

Default I hear

I read you loud and clear. In the book quoted, there are 7 or 8 items displayed. They are so varied. The one you present looks perfect. Many of the ones I've seen pictures of aren't so perfect. The one in hand is different, I realize, but is it a fake? I don't want to be wrong - either way. I paid very little if it's real; I paid way too much if it's fake. The seller will refund my money if I want.
thanks
What a sticky problem!
Jack
Unread 11-26-2012, 09:09 PM   #4
alanint
User

Thanked 1,916 Times in 1,192 Posts

Post photo?
alanint is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2012, 09:41 PM   #5
CAP Black
User

Default image

I'll see what I can do on the image. It's so tiny, but I'll try. Are there dimensions to use for guidance? It seems that I remember seeing length and width guidelines to go by; I just can't remember which books to review. Getting too many books and my brain is overloaded and it's a task to get to the right book.
thanx
Jack

Added comments

Haven't gotten the pics yet. I did clean the area around the emblem. I put some lacquer stic on the emblem and they now appear differently. The crown does appear to be sitting on the M and aligned. The lower left of the crown is worn as is the top left of the M. Perhaps there is hope that it won't have to be sent back.

Added comments # 2
After communicating with the seller, who has a record of only 2 complaints out of 1,473 deals on Gunbroker (mostly sales), he stated that he purchased with Navy gun and holster over 40 years ago, and he had confidence in the person he purchased from and the clarity provided by lacquer stic and my observation of the item and gut feeling, I have decided its good to keep. Now I have the feeling that its worth about 4 times what I paid for it.

Last edited by CAP Black; 11-27-2012 at 12:17 AM. Reason: corrections and additions