LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Commercial Lugers

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 03-31-2006, 12:37 PM   #1
Dwight Gruber
User

Thanked 1,306 Times in 429 Posts
Default DWM Commercial Database Available

The DWM Commercial database I have been amassing for the last two years is now available for download. It has over 4,000 entries, spanning the serial number range from the first 1900 commercial series guns through the end of the 5-digit number system, and continuing through the v suffix of the Alphabet Commercials. Many of the entries include characteristics of the guns themselves when available.

The database, in .pdf format, can be accessed by clicking this link:
http://forum.lugerforum.com/lfupload...ugers-V1.2.pdf

It is a rather large file so be patient, it will take awhile to appear in the computer window. You can download and save it to your own computer by right-clicking the link (PC with Windows).

The database includes material from many sources. I would like to thank Ron Wood for providing an early Luger database, as well as his Test Eagle database; also Doug Coffey for passing along the Dave Soracco database.

Thanks particularly to all of the participants in the online Luger Forum, Jan Still's Gunboards Luger Forum, the NAPCA forum and Auto Mag, and patient gun show table-holders who graciously provided information about guns from their collections for this survey. This could not have been accomplished, particularly in so short a time, without the existence of the internet and the kindness of all of you who have helped this project along.

The downloadable file itself is being hosted on the Luger Forum. The single location means it will be much easier to maintain and upgrade. Thanks very much to John Dunkle for his gracious offer to host it. Thanks also to Ed Tinker and John Sabato for their assistance in file conversion and actually making the file available.

I still seek data on DWM Commercial Lugers to expand this database. If you have a Luger which is not represented here, or if you can provide additional information on any guns already listed, please post the information here or email me, dwightg@pacifier.com . I appreciate being sent full serial numbers; hidden-number xx submissions are not useful as data points.

I will be posting updates to the database occasionally, as significant amounts of new data are added.

This database incorporates a large database compiled many years ago by Dave Soracco, which has a comprehensive alphabetic code describing features of the entries, for which there is no key. If you know the whereabouts of Dave Soracco, or have a copy of this database and know the key, please contact me.

I have derived a great deal of satisfaction from putting this database together, I hope you enjoy it and I hope it will be of assistance the next time you examine or determine to buy a DWM commercial Luger.

--Dwight
Dwight Gruber is offline   Reply With Quote
The following member says Thank You to Dwight Gruber for your post: