LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > New Collectors Forum

Unread 02-09-2013, 04:44 PM   #1
JRC
New User

Default 1918 Luger info and price check

Hello Im new to the forum here and have had an interest in purchasing a luger for a few years now. I have this one here and am wondering if you guys/gals could help me out on a value and some history of the gun and markings.

the story I was told that it was a pre WWII luger that was made in 1918 and then carried into WWII by a german soldier. The guy who owns the gun said his father snuck up on the german solier and the soldier surrendered and gave him the luger.

Anyway here are some pics for you all to see. everything matches except the magazine has a different number.

Thanks for your help
Jeremy

JRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2013, 05:03 PM   #2
Norme
Always A
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,591 Times in 930 Posts

Hi Jeremy, Welcome to the forum! Are you sure this gun is all matching numbers? It may just be the photo, but the take-down lever seems to be #92. Also, have you field stripped this gun? How about the hold-open, firing pin and grips? If it does turn out to be all matching, I'd figure it $1,300.00 to $1,500.00.
Regards, Norm
Norme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2013, 05:04 PM   #3
DavidJayUden
Patron
LugerForum
Patron

Thanked 1,414 Times in 887 Posts

Looks like a standard WW1 DWM. Nothing special on the markings, but a very nice gun. Grips are a bit worn, but overall not bad. Finish looks above average & original, but it remains to be seen if the internals match. If they do I'd ballpark it at $1200.
Welcome aboard!
dju
DavidJayUden is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2013, 08:57 PM   #4
JRC
New User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norme View Post
Hi Jeremy, Welcome to the forum! Are you sure this gun is all matching numbers? It may just be the photo, but the take-down lever seems to be #92. Also, have you field stripped this gun? How about the hold-open, firing pin and grips? If it does turn out to be all matching, I'd figure it $1,300.00 to $1,500.00.
Regards, Norm

It is 93 I had to look again lol as the pic sure does look like 92 here is a pic of me holding the Luger. from this angle you can see the 93

Thank you all for your comments and imput
JC

JRC is offline   Reply With Quote