LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Artillery Lugers

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 06-25-2002, 03:14 AM   #1
mauro
FIREARM HISTORIAN AND AUT

Arrow One of the most rare accessories...

Dear friends,
I am very glad to show you one of the most rare accessories for LP08.

It is the nocturnal sight made by Sudicatis in the 1916-17 era. According to Gortz this item has to be considered such as prototype.

In fact only a few of these sights were made. Until now only 4 sights are presented in the literature. The Sudicatis nocturnal sight is composed by two equipments: the front and the rear sights.

The most important feature is the fact that both the front and rear sight have radium component, in this way it is possible to line up the sights during the night.

This item is very important not only in term of LP08 accessory but also in absolute, because, it is the first example of nocturnal sight. We are speaking about a 1916 technology.

The front sight is blocked to the barrel using a ring, fixed at the top w/ a screw. In some sights, it is also present a mechanism to fix it to the LP08 sight. Inside the ring is fixed a radium target visible in the night. The rear mechanism is blocked on the LP08 rear sight. There are present two little radium lines, well visible in the pictures, fixed w/ screw that help the visibility during the night. Note that the Sudicatis mounted on the LP08 in the picture is in the collection of Mr. Gminder.

Let me know your opinions.

Ciao