LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Early Lugers (1900-1906)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 07-06-2011, 02:39 PM   #1
evrenay
User

Default DWM Luger from Turkey

I hope, this time I have classified this Luger to the right topic.
I found her in Gemlik/Bursa-Turkey at an olive and olive oil shop.

The guy who bought it from to old ladies told me that it belonged to a doctor long time ago. By the way present owner is also 65 years old and he is not particularly interested in Lugers. However the beautiful condition of the pistol impressed him, so he bought it.

I was surprised by the number of the stamps under the barrel. I have never seen so many stamps together. I would be glad if someone can explain me/us what all of them mean, especially why so many together.

Here are the photos:

I suppose the blueing is original. Some of the stamps are not that deep as they should be, however it might be originally so.

All the numbers I could see on this pistol are matching. I believe no parts were changed except the main spring.
As the present owner wanted to shoot with this Luger and it didn't function properly, he cut (don't ask me why) the main spring. Later on he bought a spare from the United States, also he bought a VoPo Magazine hoping that the pistol will work properly.
He says the pistol is fine but I have never seen him shooting with her, so I can't say if it functioning or not.
If I were him, I would be happy enough to have her.

Photos of the slide and the toggle with different views and with and without flashlight.

The straw color is still on the parts.

According to the skin of the pistol, I expected that the bore would be in a better condition, unfortunately not, see yourself.

Firing pin has also the last two digits of the serial number on itself.

I am sorry for the mess. I really didn't have time to clean the pistol, properly.

Front sight looks fine. These are mostly wounded due to dropping or falling.

I hope you can recognize the stamps on the barrel. I tried to take photos with and without flashlight, not very successful attempts were they
I recommend to the ones who are interested, to download the photos and magnify them with a image editing program.

Both of the grips have the last two digits of the serial number of the pistol stamped on them.

And they are not re-checkered

The guy who bought it from to old ladies told me that it belonged to a doctor long time ago. By the way present owner is also 65 years old and he is not particularly interested in Lugers. However the beautiful condition of the pistol impressed him, so he bought it.

I was surprised by the number of the stamps under the barrel. I have never seen so many stamps together. I would be glad if someone can explain me/us what all of them mean, especially why so many together.

Here are the photos:

I suppose the blueing is original. Some of the stamps are not that deep as they should be, however it might be originally so.

All the numbers I could see on this pistol are matching. I believe no parts were changed except the main spring.
As the present owner wanted to shoot with this Luger and it didn't function properly, he cut (don't ask me why) the main spring. Later on he bought a spare from the United States, also he bought a VoPo Magazine hoping that the pistol will work properly.
He says the pistol is fine but I have never seen him shooting with her, so I can't say if it functioning or not.

Photos of the slide and the toggle with different views and with and without flashlight.

According to the skin of the pistol, I expected that the bore would be in a better condition, unfortunately not, see yourself.

I am sorry for the mess. I really didn't have time to clean the pistol, properly.

I hope you can recognize the staps on the barrel. I tried with and without flashlight, not very successful attempts were they
I recommend to the ones who are interested to download the photos and magnify them with a image editing program.

Both of the grips have the last two digits of the serial number of the pistol stamped on them.

Here are the photos:

I hope you can recognize the staps on the barrel. I tried with and without flashlight, not very successful attempts were they
I recommend to the ones who are interested to download the photos and magnify them with a image editing program.

Interestingly (of course it is interesting for me, may be it is usual) there are no "GESICHERT" writing on the frame.

Grip screws

Last but not least, the present owner became also some original ammunition from the old ladies among the Luger.

I hope, you can recognize the D.W.M. stamping on the cartridge.

Also very interesting cone on this DWM cartridge
evrenay is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 4 members says Thank You to evrenay for your post: