LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Early Lugers (1900-1906)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 01-15-2018, 12:39 PM   #1
barr44
User

Default Questions - 1900 commercial?

I have been looking at a 1900 commercial luger for sale, but am not sure as to how original it is. It is the 30 cal. with a 4-1/2" barrel. There are no proof marks on the pistol, but I've read that they were not always proofed. The pistol is a five digit s.n. 16xxx. Some parts are numbered, barrel, receiver, rear toggle, front toggle underside, takedown lever(bottom), and grips. Side plate is not numbered.The gun looks impressive, very clean, bore is excellent, some slight pitting on lft. of muzzle, all straw looks good, bluing is very good. Pistol has a navy magazine with it, which seems to fit nicely. First question are all luger magazines interchangeable? A 1906 vintage magazine won't fit the pistol and it seems to not have a hold open device, is that correct. I have a Brazilian contract pistol which is similar and it will take any luger mag I put in it. I am wondering if there is some internal damage or a part which might have been replaced that could account for the magazine issue and perhaps the hold open problem.
As always, any and all info forth coming is greatly appreciated.
Thanks, barr
barr44 is offline   Reply With Quote