LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > Off Topic & Other Firearms

Unread 01-06-2007, 07:56 AM   #1
stefanosg
User

Default New Orleans Crime Spree

Granted, New Orleans has had a history of crime and certainly Katrina did not help matters any. An interesting story posted on MSNBC http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16488671/ about the murder rate lists several possible causes. Interestingly enough, the fact that they disarmed law abiding citizens didn't even make the bottom of the list.
Unread 01-06-2007, 10:22 AM   #2
thegundude
User

Yup. They list things like not enough social services, ruined neighborhoods where criminals can hide and not enough money to fight crime. They don't even mention the fact that the majority of residents where this crime wave is happening is just slap full of criminals.

I've always hated NOLA. For years past I've had to go to national conventions there and I never failed to pack heat. They should have just let the whole mess go back to swampland...

~Steve
thegundude is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2007, 11:57 AM   #3
Ron Smith
User

I just sent them the following e-mail. I recommend that everyone do the same. Speak up and Speak out, otherwise no one will listen.

I copied and pasted the headline from the article as a header to the e-mail.

http://www.nightlynews.msnbc.com

I noticed that the dis-arming of the citizenry after Katrina was not included in the list of reasons. What a coincidence that criminals have taken control of the city.

Very similar to Australia's climb in home invasions and increase in crime rate after their imposed gun ban.

I will assume that you will label me as a "Gun Nut". No, just a citizen who believes that I should have the right to defend myself against predation by this very type of low life.

Ron Smith
Springfield, Oregon
I Still Need DWM side plate #49... if anyone runs across a nice one.

What ~Rudyard Kipling~ said...
Ron Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2007, 06:42 PM   #4
tonyb
User

yes you should all take note to what has happened here in australia,political correctness,anti gun lobby ,do gooders ,un treaty lovers etc etc.
speak up and speak out or you will lose everything , that what is happening to us now.

regards and all the best for 2007
tonyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2007, 09:17 PM   #5
Navy
RIP

NOLA is a welfare-enabled cesspool that is kept afloat by a corrupt political machine AKA the Democratic party. If law and common sense were to prevail, it would sink back into the bayous and obscurity it so richly deserves.

Tom A.
Navy is offline   Reply With Quote