LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > New Collectors Forum

Unread 09-29-2002, 01:25 AM   #1
green_guzzi
New User

Unhappy Plastic Luger replica

I am a complete novice regarding Lugers, and firearms in general actually.

When I was a lad my father came home with a plastic kit of a Luger. We had a lot of fun putting it together. There was some glueing required, but from what I remember, most of it went together pretty much as the real thing.

I always thought it was pretty cool. Partly because it reminded me of when I was a kid and partly because I enjoyed it as representing a desirable object and a good piece of engineering.

Anyhow, during a house move it has gone missing, and I am trying to find a replacement. But several searches of the internet have found nothing. I would love to find the kit again and go through the fun of building it again. Well the kid in me would!

Can anyone point me in the right direction? It may have been a Tamia kit, but then again it may not have been.

Cheers,

Steven in Oz
green_guzzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-29-2002, 09:56 AM   #2
Lugerdoc
Patron
LugerForum
Patron

Steven, I've never seen the kits that you described, but as a kid in the '50s, I had a wall hanging luger that was a plastic mold of just the left side of a PO8 mounted on a cardboard plack. I recently ran into a few of these oldies, still new in the box. I'll sell them to Forum members @$15 each postpaid. Tom Heller POB398 St.Charles, MO. 63302.
Unread 09-29-2002, 05:57 PM   #3
don95sml
User

Ah, yes, the memories of youth. Back in the late 40s I had a cast metal replica of a Luger that was supposed to be exact scale and approximately the same weight as the original. I don't imagine they make one like that anymore. But the experience implanted in my mind the wonderful "feel" and pointing quality of this design.
don95sml is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2002, 05:37 AM   #4
green_guzzi
New User

Thanks for the info everyone! Do you know if LS have a website? I have searched but with no luck.

The Luger plaque sounds interesting. Do you have a pic of it on the website? How much for shipping to Oz?

Steven
green_guzzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2002, 09:27 AM   #5
Lugerdoc
Patron
LugerForum
Patron

Sorry guys, my webtv machine doesn't have photo capabilities. The $15 quoted for "luger plack" display includes domestic S&H. Please add $5 more for overseas airmail. Tom H.
Unread 10-07-2002, 09:41 AM   #6
Dok
RIP

Talking

Many of these kits are available in the Orient (where handguns are illegal). One of our members (Wombat) has an Airsoft Company, and he occasionally carries them. I bought a plastic kit from him about 18 months ago, and it was a beauty (see pictures of the plastic model at http://www.centercustomcases.com). You may also find something at http://www.dentrinityshop.com/ Do a search for "luger". Hope this helps.

Dok

http://www.centercustomcases.com/
Dok is offline   Reply With Quote