LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > Repairs, Restoration & Refinishing

Unread 04-13-2017, 12:30 PM   #41
Leather Neck
User

Thanks for going to the trouble of doing all this, GT. I'm sure it's not easy, but these parts will undoubtedly be a great resource going forward.
Unread 04-13-2017, 01:49 PM   #42
G.T.
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 3,581 Times in 989 Posts
Default Thanks Dustin,

Thanks Dustin, I had a good friend tell me once, it's all about how you'd like to be remembered! .... ... I just try to see the areas in, "Luger shoot'in!" that need some attention and apply what little resources I have available to fill the need?.... It is happening and the purchase order submitted as of yesterday....
.200", .225", .250", .275", .300"..... Taken from the original print, (.200" & .225") and samples sent?... Going to be interesting........ best to all, til...lat'r....GT...
G.T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2017, 11:53 AM   #43
dalek
User

I will be here anxiously waiting for your test results.
dalek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2017, 08:51 PM   #44
G.T.
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Smile We're in business!!!!! Front sight report!!!!

Latest info on the new P.08 front sight blades is that, "THEY'RE HERE!" well, at least the first bunch for inspection and testing!
And, I can happily say, to me they are perfect!
I think this is the first time I have ever seen any good, top quality, reproduction sight offered? At least I've never had access to any?
Well, I have received my middle height sights of the five requested! That would be .250" tall off the block, where as the originals measure approx. .200" early, and .225" late...( Some one else had a report on why and when this was done, but needless to say, I will have those two heights soon as well as two taller)....
They were quite expensive to have made.... and will retail for approx. $35.00 each... I think this is a small price for getting you Luger to shoot spot on! We are working out / negotiating, the particulars right now, but unless something changes in the meantime, they will be exclusively available thru Luger Doc..
The start in nicely, and fit tightly, perfectly, in a standard Luger P.08 front sight dove tail, and most all aftermarket dovetails will be tight and need to be fitted... My R&D team mate Don Voigt has one on the way and will hopefully post a photo or two before he commences to beat the hell out of it! .. (Hey! That's why they call it a test... ) Best to all, and thanks for your patience's, til....lat'r.....GT
The following 2 members says Thank You to G.T. for your post:
Unread 09-28-2017, 10:14 AM   #45
Lugerdoc
Patron
LugerForum
Patron

GT, I'll be please to distribute them for you just as soon as you send me some for testing along with my cost in volume. Tom
Unread 09-28-2017, 10:56 AM   #46
G.T.
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Default prototype on the way!

Hi Thomas, a prototype sample sight blade is already in route to you! I maybe have put the cart ahead of the horse! But I'm pretty anxious to get these front sights available to the members, and can think of no better way than thru you? As I mentioned in my post above, some small number issues have yet to be set in stone, we need to discuss .. gctomeks@msn.com let me know, best to you, til....lat'r....GT
Unread 10-02-2017, 07:32 PM   #47
G.T.
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Default More good news!

Hi to all, just got off the phone with the manufacture of the Luger front sight blades and now I'm really excited!!! Upon approval of the current unit, .250" in height, which in my case, I couldn't provide fast enough! we are now on target to fill the remainder of the contract in October, (I'm hoping for December, as they have been consistently optimistic and slow to produce? ) But, it doesn't matter as I'm so excited by the quality I just couldn't be more happy! ... Then again, normal for G.T. Specialties irony! Is, I can't see good enough to shoot a decent group if the muzzle were epoxied to the target?... .... So, considerable expense for brand new front sights, for a guy that can't see very well? Yup, this one also passed the cost analysis profitability study with flying colors as well!
Anyway, with things as they now stand, 4 of the 5 sizes will be made, the only one I'm not hot on pursuing is the .200" as it seems to still be around in some fashion here and there?... Maybe we'll make some of them as well? Time will tell... Anyway, more when we know something, and best to all, til...lat'r....GT....
The following 2 members says Thank You to G.T. for your post: