LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Krieghoff Lugers

Unread 11-05-2009, 12:22 PM   #21
Navy
RIP

Ed,

All Krieghoff Lugers were either made for the Luftwaffe or were made as presentation pieces. Among the Luftwaffe guns, the majority were issued to Luftwaffe ground troops (Flak, Infantry, Paratroops,Supply, etc). They were not issued to officers as officers were required to purchase their personal sidearms.

The so-called P-code pistols which were sold to authorized private citizens were all Luftwaffe guns which failed to meet acceptance standards enforced by Luftwaffe Quality Inspectors. Of the P-codes, there are two versions, one with a side frame stamping identifing Heinrich Krieghoff Waffenfabrik Suhl and the second variation having no marking. The distribution seems to be about half and half, but you will always pay a premium for the marked versions.

Hope this helps.

Tom A
Navy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2009, 02:16 PM   #22
egillette
User

Default Thanks!

Hi Tom,
Thanks a lot for the information. It is nice to get this history from people who really know and have got their information from the interest in this type of firearm, I am sure, collecting them.
I am learning more about both axis and allies weapons as I get deeper. My Deceased Father was a WW2 Gi and I wish I would have spoken to him more about WW2.
Fascinating information, Thanks, Ed
egillette is offline   Reply With Quote