LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Lugerforum Archive

Unread 06-17-2001, 08:58 PM   #1
DAVID
User

Default 1923 Finnish Luger question.

Since most of these luger went through Finnish rework with no care for the matching of numbers, are they considered collectable with mix numbers? Thanks David.

Unread 06-17-2001, 11:53 PM   #2
mcl

Default Re: 1923 Finnish Luger question.

All lugers are collectible but that word has been mistakenly applied to mean original parts and 90%+orig finish. There are a few orig finish no-rework Finn M23's out there that are valuable variations on the luger. The reworked ones were imported in large numbers around 1987 and appear rather often as uncommon luger variations go. They tend to have values a bit above the working condition common German military (about $450 for those). THe Finn's go for $500-700 if in rework condition. That is my experience but that doesn't mean they aren't offered at shows for up to $900. That is stretching the value to the limit and I have not seen one sell at that price (last one I saw was in Massachusetts and it did not sell in the 18 mos I saw it at shows for $800).