LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Lugerforum Archive

Unread 10-04-2001, 12:28 AM   #1
Stuart

Default Rare Chrome Luger on Gunbroker

Check out this "rare" low serial number chromed Erfurt Luger on Gunbroker. Minimum bid is $975, but for some reason there are no takers yet!

http://www.gunbroker.com/auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=2151034

Unread 10-04-2001, 12:57 AM   #2
Hugh
RIP

Default Re: Rare Chrome Luger on Gunbroker

Hit also haz uh pair uv uncheuqerd prezintashun handls made out uv very rar Amazoianun Sucker Wood uv wich onle to tres wuz nown befor wun wuz cut ta mak thez gripes!

Unread 10-04-2001, 01:08 AM   #3
Thor
User

The guys description made me sick! What a load of horse hockey! Thor

Unread 10-04-2001, 01:10 AM   #4
66mustang

Oh no, and I was just hawking my 66 mustang for a down payment, as I'm sure it will go up in price....

Unread 10-04-2001, 08:06 AM   #5
tom
User

A thing of beauty and a joy for ever...Wonder if he will consider a trade for my full rig Navy?

Unread 10-04-2001, 09:06 AM   #6
TIMOTHY CANNEY

I have a very, very, rare COLT 1911, that was owned by Sgt. York, who special ordered it to combat the harsh Philipine summer climate! I would consider trading it for a Cartridge Counter perhaps?

Tim Canney

Unread 10-04-2001, 06:36 PM   #7
Hannah

Gosh, I would swap him a truly rare and precious piece for that lovely Erfurt....

An Honest-to-God, One of a Kind, Oxidation-Lightened Mauser Bolo Pistol.

This configuration first came about during the long winter hikes in and out of Russia, as those crafty Germans sought a way to travel swiftly and without extra weight, in practice for Blitzkrieg later on. The stunning Random Splash custom pitting pattern was an early forerunner of camoflagued weapons, and may be considered a prototype.

Another fascinating feature is the Smooth Bore Pistol Variation, and the dull black barrel interior. It is said that these weapons were deadly accurate out to an incredible 10 meters, but were actually designed to be maintenance-free, never needing to be cleaned, even with corrosive primers.

I am sure he would appreciate this priceless and historic piece, as he obviously has a collector's eye, and a great deal of education concerning fine German pistols.

Unread 10-04-2001, 07:12 PM   #8
Thor
User

Oh you guys (and gals) are too much!!!

Unread 10-04-2001, 07:56 PM   #9
Aaron
Banned

Default Hannah, you should be doing the write ups for eBay! (EOM)

Unread 10-04-2001, 08:21 PM   #10
schwob
RIP

Default Re: Hannah, you should be doing the write ups for eBay!

As I read the vivid description of the priceless Luger, my eyes welled up with tears of joy, my toes got sticky...at which time I realized, it's gettin' real deep. I'll bet this guys writes AM radio comercials.

Unread 10-04-2001, 11:46 PM   #11
Milt Keller
User

Default Re: Hannah, you should be doing the write ups for eBay!

I sink you are all very jealous of zat Looga! It was actually presented to me when I was a young semen in the Imperial German Navy! Der Kaiser presented zat very same chrome beauty to me for acts of bravery. Now cut zat out!

Kindest regards,

Semen Karl Doenitz

Unread 10-05-2001, 12:22 AM   #12
Ren�©

Hey! That is MY Mauser you're talking about here! I even have the extreeeeeeeemly rare repro stock/holster for it :P

Unread 10-05-2001, 07:06 AM   #13
Marvin
User

After reading all the postings on this Luger, I wish I could read it!!! There is a firewall from my company and I can't access the site. I bet it is funny to read this one. Has anyone made a bid on this pistol yet?

Marvin

Unread 10-05-2001, 09:35 AM   #14
John Sabato
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,304 Times in 1,096 Posts
Default Here you go Marvin, via cut and paste

1916 LUGERâ??9mmâ??RARE! >

(PLEASE NOTE: When I bid, I hate RESERVES! --I resolved to handle my auctions without them: --Starting them at the lowest price (sometimes lower than cost) I am willing to take--WITH NO RESERVE.) >

NOTE: Many years ago, I bought and sold a lot of guns,â??having as many as 400 in stock at one time. I kept a few choice ones for myselfâ??which I am now prepared to sellâ??individually. I have forgotten much that I knew about these guns, and know nothing of todayâ??s values. >

NOTE: Be sure and check my other listings for other guns & African trophy animals. In Gunsâ??my listings at the present time are: 1860 COLT ARMY, 1864 TOWER CARBINE, 1938 ITALIAN YOUTH RIFLE! (Rare) & a KENTUCKY RIFLE (Fixer-upper), Rare Luger and a vintage Stevens Rifle. At this time I have four African animal shoulder mounts listed: BESA ORYX, TSESSBEE-BEEST, WILDE-BEEST & HARTE-BEEST >

1916 LUGERâ??9mmâ??RARE!: I am not too knowledgeable, but I believe this Luger to be a sleeperâ??a rarity! WHY?: I believe this to be a â??presentationâ? model for the following reasons: 1. It is an early Luger with a low serial # (7153)â??2. It was apparently chromed at the factory BEFORE the stampings were put in (the chrome does not go into the numbers, etc), 3. It has nice original wooden grips, with a matching wood pull on the clip. 4. The inside does not have the usual production â??millingâ?â??looks to be hand finished. >

NOTE: This Luger was made for a wooden holster/shoulder stockâ??Note the fitting for attaching same (images) on the back. >

MARKINGS-ORIGINALITY: I have tried to furnish enough images to show all the markings. There is not a replacement piece in this Lugerâ??all the numbers match. Note: the only thing missing is the little knob to help bring the spring down when loading the clip.(image) >

CONDITION: I have had many guns, and a few Lugers, but this is the finest one I have had the occasion to have in my possession. I donâ??t own itâ??I am selling it for a friendâ??who has had it for over 55 years. >

ACTION: The action is very strong and smooth.

FINISH: The chrome finish was very well done. There are a few corrosion spots scattered, but over-allâ??it is nice. The finish on the wood grips is almost like it came out. >

GUARANTEE: I am so sure you will like this LUGER, that I will GUARANTEE SATISFACTION. If, within 10 days, you are unhappy with your purchaseâ??you may return it for a refund. The only restrictions: you must insure it fully for return and you will have to pay the shipping both ways. PRICING: Admittedly I know very little about the value of those items I have listedâ??but I believe this Luger to be valuable. With my friends permission-- I am going to â??bite my lipâ? and start this fine piece LOW!--with NO RESERVE!â??Letting you bid and tell me what it is worth! Perhaps the first bid will get the itemâ??but most certainly the last will win. >

SHIPPING: WILL HAVE TO BE SHIPPED ACCORDING TO THE LAW-- PLEASE ADD $20 FOR SHIPPING & INSURANCEâ??(Probably by FedEx Ground) >

. PAYMENT: I will accept BANK DRAFT, MONEY ORDER, PAYPAL (if you have an account), CHECK (It will be held until check clears.)>

NOTE! CLICK ON "SEE SELLERS OTHER AUCTIONS" ABOVE ^ ON THE "SELLERS" LINE IN THIS LISTING. > I HAVE GUNS LISTED, AND WILL BE LISTING OTHER GUNS & LOTS OF GOOD "STUFF", ETC.>

ABOUT ME: > I AM FROM LAKE OF THE OZARKS IN MISSOURI. I COLLECT STUFF, PAINT, CARVE, DO LEADED GLASS â??AND WRITE BOOKS > IF YOU ARE CURIOUS ABOUT ME, VISIT MY WEB-SITE FOR BOOKS I HAVE WRITTEN AT:

www.lesblair.com

http://www.gunbroker.com/pixhost/200...1552_LUGER.jpg
Unread 10-05-2001, 11:08 AM   #15
TIMOTHY CANNEY

Default Re: Here you go Marvin, via cut and paste

Oh! My! GOD!!

Look at the lovely way the chrome presentation finnish has flowed into the DWM toggle markings and proof marks! Gosh, that's the way I like my Lugers, kind of rounded on the corners like Kimber does with their "Melt Down" treatment. This makes it a highly concealable wepon. And the grips!!!! smoooooth. I just hate that pesky sharp checkering those Germans(and swiss) used on their production pistols. Why I even allmost cut myself on a 1939 Mauser 42 onetime. I would like to see the letter of provenance, I'm sure it would be signed by such famous collectors as Hugh Benhadgood, Harold Ballsack(Harry), and Jim Bollia!

I'm going to the bank right now and cash in a CD or two to buy this Luger before you guys and gals buy it, along with the shoulder mounted "Jackalope" Trophy

Tim Canney

Unread 10-05-2001, 12:17 PM   #16
Hugh
RIP

Default Hannah, is U shor u didnt rite thet desriptshun fur him?

Unread 10-05-2001, 12:22 PM   #17
Hugh
RIP

Default U btta hurry Tim, eveyone on this site will b russian to by hit!
Unread 10-05-2001, 01:00 PM   #18
Steve Lempitski
User

Default Spare parts for it

While we are at it I own a 1916 Erfurt # 353c, so if you buy mine with it...YOU WILL HAVE ALL SPARE 53 NUMBERED PARTS!!! Just think, you could own this special chrome gun, with a lifetime supply of proper numbered parts,(rust pits and all),... A STEAL AT TWICE THE PRICE!!

Unread 10-08-2001, 12:34 AM   #19
Viggo G Dereng

Default Re: "NEW 2001 Space Oddesy Model"

Hugh ;

Do you think that rounding off all the corners might make it easier to shoot in high winds ?

You know Aerodynamic streamlining to reduce drag and all that stuff.

Maby this is a new variation , Perhaps the "2001 Space Oddesy Model"

Could be you know !!!!!

ViggoG

Unread 10-08-2001, 08:52 AM   #20
Hugh
RIP

Default Ah bet hit wuz Kapt Kirk's "koncealed karry gun"