LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Krieghoff Lugers

Unread 09-04-2015, 05:26 PM   #1
Only One
User

Default New to forum

I'm new to the forum but wanted to share my information on the Krieghoff that I inheireted but don't know too much about it. It is s/n P 21104 with side frame markings, but he magazine does not match gun. Most of the bluing is still there but on the high spots its rubbed off. Has a holster and capture papers. Any info that you could supply would be welcomed.
Only One is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2015, 08:02 PM   #2
Only One
User

Default Photo update

I hope that this helps. I'm new at this and computers are not really my thing.

Thanks for any assistance you can give me with any history. We've had it for over 40 years but just now starting to look into it.
Attached Images

Unread 09-10-2015, 08:26 PM   #3
Only One
User

Anyone able to give me an idea how much this might be worth? It does not appear to have been shot much.

Thanks
Unread 09-10-2015, 09:30 PM   #4
Edward Tinker
Super Moderator
Eternal Lifer
LugerForum
Patron

Thanked 4,487 Times in 2,071 Posts

I copied this info to its own thread as the other was for reporting serial numbers.

Larger pictures would help, these are small thumbnails and can't be enlarged

Is it matching?

I am no expert on Krieghoff's, but would assume its $6-9 thousand (normal lugers are 1/3rd that value. But, is it matching? original bluing? How is the magazine marked?

Info

Krieghoffs were made under contract more for the Luftwaffe although made for army also - 10,000 contract, and then rejects and some were sold as private sales - I have the Krieghoff book, but don't know as much about them off the top of my head. The "P" in front of the serial number indicates commercial sale, as does the crown N on the barrel. year made, between 1941 (?) and 1945 - others will chime in or correct me

Ed
Author of Veteran Bring Backs Vol I, Vol II, Vol III and Vol IV

Edward Tinker is offline   Reply With Quote
The following member says Thank You to Edward Tinker for your post:
Unread 09-11-2015, 07:02 AM   #5
Sergio Natali
User

Thanked 1,783 Times in 1,007 Posts

Only One

Since you've posted the same pictures in another thread, as I previously said to the risk of sounding pedantic I think you should try to post larger and clearer pictures of your KRIEGHOFF, the best thing would be to shoot in daylight no direct sun and no flashlight.

Rgds

Sergio
Unread 09-11-2015, 11:39 AM   #6
mrerick
Super Moderator - Patron
LugerForum
Life Patron

Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,503 Posts

"P" code commercial Kreighoff Lugers are probably the rarest of the rare. I am not a Kreighoff collector, so cannot comment on values but what you have is without doubt very valuable if it's all matching and in the original finish (never refinished or messed with in any way).

You would do well to have it looked at in hand by someone familiar with Krieghoff Lugers and the various details that can help confirm its authenticity.

Pictures should be posted with about 1024 pixels horizontal resolution. Take them in shaded natural sunlight without photo flash of any kind. Use a tripod and a digital camera that has a closeup setting to get fine detail of all external markings. Use the self-timer to avoid camera shake. Get a plain grey or white cardboard from Walmart or a crafts store to use as a background.

Photos can be resized to 1024 pixels across by any photo software. Post each one individually on this site using the "Go Advanced" button while posting comments.

Best of luck, and welcome to the forum. I expect that this is a new serial number for Tom Whiteman (who tracks these pistols).

Marc
The following member says Thank You to mrerick for your post:
Unread 09-14-2015, 05:13 PM   #7
Only One
User

Default Krieghoff P code

I've added two sets of additional picture, hopefully better using a camera instead of cell phone, that might help identify any issues on the second page of the Krieghoff serial number page. The holster is unmarked and the magazine is mismatched. Te blue color is pretty good except for a few high spots. Also I have the army capture transfer papers, but they are starting to fall apart.

Is there someone who might be able to look it up in a reference book for me? I don't see much on line.

Thanks for any help.
Unread 09-14-2015, 05:26 PM   #8
Only One
User

Default Additional pictures of P code luger

I don't know how to switch the additional pictures that I've added to this thread but there are two additional sets #35 and #36 on the Krieghoff Serial Number thread starting on page 2.

Thanks,
Bob
Unread 09-14-2015, 05:35 PM   #9
guns3545
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only One View Post
I've added two sets of additional picture, hopefully better using a camera instead of cell phone, that might help identify any issues on the second page of the Krieghoff serial number page. The holster is unmarked and the magazine is mismatched. Te blue color is pretty good except for a few high spots. Also I have the army capture transfer papers, but they are starting to fall apart.

Is there someone who might be able to look it up in a reference book for me? I don't see much on line.

Thanks for any help.
Bob,

We would all like to help but the pictures are too small.

What is clear is that you have a Krieghoff Side Frame Inscription.

These guns were made from guns rejected by Luftwaffe inspectors and sold to private individuals. I.e. the P prefix.

I cannot tell anything about the quality of your piece. Better pictures are required.

BUT..there was an auction this past weekend that featured several Krieghoffs, among them a side frame inscription made about the same time as yours.

Here is the link:

https://www.proxibid.com/asp/Catalog.asp?aid=99128

You can get an idea about what is going on.

Hope this helps.

John

PS: Just looked at photos. Magazine is not original to the gun. Holster is nice looking. On the surface, guns looks good including the inscription. Check out the link I gave above for some idea of what these guns are worth. Not the best; but certainly not the worse.

John

Last edited by guns3545; 09-14-2015 at 05:46 PM. Reason: Add information
guns3545 is offline   Reply With Quote
The following member says Thank You to guns3545 for your post: